Analyst – Data Center Operations
- Ashburn, VA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This position can sit in the Ashburn or Denver office.
- Work in the Visa Operations Command Center as first level support organization for Visa’s Digital Developer Platform (DDP) services.
- Support the team in troubleshooting and escalating incidents that may have financial or brand impact.
- Build relationships with all supported customers and service providers (internal and external) and act as a liaison to identify opportunities and implement solutions.
- Provide representation in relevant meetings.
- Drive service improvements by identifying gaps in process and monitoring that can harm Visa and working with support lanes to close them.
- Identify deficiencies in current tools and process and work with support organizations to correct this.
- Lead technical bridges and interact with both technical staff and management during the incident and change management process.
- Provide support for mission critical applications and execute BAU procedures to resolve incidents.
- Ensure the incident management process is followed and all communication requirements are met.
- Follow up on outstanding incidents, schedule and lead service improvement meetings and work with other teams to ensure all task items are completed.
- Partner with level 2 support groups to ensure that the level 1 team receives training and support.
- Communicate effectively with upper management, customer support and technical support teams during critical events.
- Ensure all post-incident actions are documented correctly (ITIL Process) and participate in problem reviews and service improvement meetings.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree
- ITIL foundations certified.
- Working knowledge of production support processes such as Incident/Change/Problem management, call triaging and escalation procedures.
- Good understanding of ServiceNow and Netcool.
- Experience with Application Programming Interface (API).
- Background with a working knowledge of Linux, Splunk, Grafana, Prometheus including log analysis and constructing queries.
- A calm and technical approach to solving problems surrounding business critical infrastructure.
- Understanding of MySQL.
- A strong technical background and the ability to bridge the gap between technical staff and upper management during an incident.
- A strong understanding of the payment and financial industry and transaction traffic workflows.
- Understanding of Java, XML, and Webservices (Restful).
- Excellent time management and decision making skills with comfort making decisions that will impact the business and reputation.
- Experience working in a multinational environment strongly preferred.
- Experience working effectively with business and IT staff in multiple locations.
- Knowledge of functional business processes surrounding the applications with prior experience in support or implementation.
- Problem identification, analysis and solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to absorb, analyze, and understand new information, technologies and practices quickly.
- Active listener, customer focused, relationship builder, team player.
- Proficient in one of the languages Java/.NET.
- Understanding of Key Controls, PCI Compliance and Industry best practices.
- Understand downstream and upstream application topologies.
- Basic understanding of Networking.
- Shift starts at 6:00 AM MT/8:00 AM ET and ends at 6:30 PM MT/8:30 PM ET.
- This position does not require the incumbent to travel.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.