Finance Director - Global Products FP&A
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for a strategic finance leader to join our Global Products Finance team. The role will partner on the financial management, planning and analysis for the Buyer and Seller portfolio. This Director will collaborate with executive leadership to develop financial strategies and analytics to enable business decision making. In addition this Director leads the long-term planning, forecasting, budgeting and financial analytics for the Visa Disputes portfolio. This role also supports strategic decision making on investments and portfolio level tradeoffs through effective financial analytics. The position involves deriving important insights and effectively communicating with senior finance leaders and executive management. The ideal candidate will have a deep expertise in deal management, financial business analysis, preferably with a public company, and demonstrated experience collaborating with various functions.
Strategic Advice and Partnership:
- Partner with business leads to evaluate the financial impact of potential investments and develop long term financial plans
- Develop and present strategic insights about the business
- Align functional goals and strategies to broader global initiatives
- Lead performance diagnostics, budgeting, forecasting and management reporting
- Become a valued business partner to all business units and executive management
- Lead preparation of the annual business plan and analysis
- Interpret and present key findings for senior leadership audience
- Understand business levers and recommend measures to further improve results
- Establish efficient processes for monthly and quarterly performance reporting for optimal result
- Spearhead ad-hoc projects to further improve the overall performance of the team and organization(s)
- Decision support to senior finance leadership on investment / project decisions as well as strategic organizational and functional developments
- Provide thought leadership and guidance over core processes building efficiencies and streamlining deliverables
- Integration of finance into the business; attend team meetings / understanding of the business
- Tailored, effective presentations, analysis and dialogue with each business partner
- Dialogue around budget and spend to optimize budget and investments; return-on-investment discipline
- Robust toolkit to help manage the business and enable management decision making
- Mentor and/or manage a team of high performing finance resources by helping to create a center of excellence and instilling best practices across finance
- Influence, motivate and collaborate with key business partners and stakeholders
- At least 10 years of professional experience or equivalent with 5-7 years of relevant experience in a well-disciplined organization where best practices are integral to the management of the business
- Experience in Financial Planning & Analysis (or similar) with an understanding of deal structuring and evaluation
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, engineering or relevant technical field
- MBA strongly preferred
- Prior experience in the Payment industry a plus
- Investment banking and/or management consulting strongly preferred
- Proactive, strategic thinker
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Commercial focus and ability to structure complex financial analytics
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to communicate effectively with executive management
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Ability to work effectively with other functional areas and understand the operational and cultural issues relevant to achieving superior results
- Client focused with tenacity to resolve issues and conflicts
- High energy and enthusiasm required to partner with multiple stakeholders
- Able to work in a dual reporting matrix environment
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.