Manager, DS Center of Excellence
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What a Manager, DS Center of Excellence does at Visa:
- The person will be part of the Visa Consulting and Analytics (VCA) team will report into Data science lead
- Specific responsibilities will include:
- Building & helping our partners to build data science capabilities & analytical solutions to solve their business problems
- Working knowledge in retail banking & credit card domain to guide the teams on the solution architecture
- Drive innovation through using data science techniques
- Act as data science advocate within our partners, advising and coaching analytical teams and sharing best practices and case studies.
- Continually look at the environment to challenge our assumptions around new sources of data, potential analytics partners, tools, talent and infrastructure.
- Explore leading methodologies and best practices to other teams and importing successful methodologies from other international markets
Why this is important to Visa
Visa's Consulting and Data Science team is a key part of the Global Solutions organization; a high-performing team of data scientists, data analysts and statisticians helping major organizations adapt and evolve to meet the changes taking place in technology, finance, and commerce; with cutting-edge, creative and advanced analytic solutions. The purpose of this team is to help Visa’s clients to grow their business & solve their problems by providing consulting services through visa data.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, related field
- Experience in Card or Retail banking analytical domain is necessary
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders at client site
- 5+ years of experience in data science, analytics, and statistical modeling or relevant area
- Experience in SQL and statistical programming languages
- Work experience scaling data engineering such as APIs or data self-service solutions
What will also help:
- Knowledge of Payment industry
- Experience in working closely with data science community
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects
- Technology-driven mindset, digitally curious
- Up-to-date with digital and technology literature, trends.
- Able to challenge the status quo diplomatically and bring teams along with strategy.