UI Design Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Global Product Design is comprised of five specializations: Design, Research & Accessibility, Design Engineering, Design Operations and Content Creation & Design Strategy.
Design Engineering is looking for a UI Design Engineer to join our team. We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users, and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our applications and products. All of our team members are innovative thinkers and strategic problem solvers who make informed design decisions. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration, and we prize proven skills over personal gain.
In this role, you’ll work closely with UX designers, software engineers and product managers to build pixel-perfect layouts, user interface components and single-page applications for a variety of websites and applications. You will work on a very agile team and be expected to shift contexts quickly between projects. Although we prefer candidates be located in one of our Design Engineering hubs—Austin, San Francisco and Seattle—we are open to the possibility of a remote work arrangement should it suit all parties.
Role responsibilities include:
· Analyze existing software for Usability and Accessibility issues and provide recommendations for improvement
· Work with a diverse team of product managers, UX designers and developers in a fast-paced environment with quick iterative cycles
· Keep up to date with the latest trends in web engineering and introduce them into projects when appropriate
· Evangelize UI/UX front-end best practices and Accessibility for web
· Field inquiries and requests for support from stakeholders
· Work with Design leadership to attract, build and maintain an engaged team of UX professionals across the globe
· Minimum of 2 years of work experience or a master’s degree
· Minimum of 2 years of work experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in Design, CS, MIS, UX or equivalent experience
· Experience working on single-page applications and/or mobile apps
· Experience with modern mobile app platforms like Flutter or native Android/iOS SDKs
· Experience implementing pixel-perfect layouts and UI components using Angular or React
· Experience building single-page applications that consume REST services
· Experience with one server-side web application framework and language like Ruby/Rails, C#/ASP.Net, JS/NodeJS, etc.
· Understanding of UX, as well as the design techniques and principles involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes and HTML Prototypes
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
· Familiarity with Web Standards and Accessibility Best Practices
· Ability to analyze written requirements and visually conceptualize the user interface and application flows
· Knowledge of Adobe/InVision/Sketch products
· Knowledge of Responsive Design Principles
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law