Product Manager, Financial Crime, RTP
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Real Time Payments (RTP) is a global initiative with regional and market specific teams. Visa is positioned to participate in both developed and emerging markets covering trillions of dollars in payments volume globally, and you will work alongside partners in the UK – home to one of the most advanced payment economies globally.
You will join the RTP Analytics team, who use advanced analytics techniques (AI / ML, graphs) against real-time data streams to build products to help Financial Institutions manage Financial Crime The Product Manager will be responsible for the rapid design and build of our Analytics products.
The RTP Analytics team sits within Visa’s Data, Security & Identity Product organization (DSIP) and join a common mission to use data to drive better outcomes for consumers, clients, and economies. Visa’s RTP Analytics offering represents a key pillar in Visa’s strategy to address rising market demand to support new and emerging payment flows.
- Use Agile principles to guide a cross-functional development team formed by New Product Development, Engineering, Advanced Research, UX, Client Services and Market Dev teams by defining product goals and the prioritization of key Epics, Features and User Stories.
- Define and shape the Product requirements (functional and non-functional).
- Act as a global bridge connecting distributed teams across the USA and the UK.
- Perform detailed analysis during the definition and delivery of RTP Risk Analytics solutions and value-added services, working with internal and external technical development teams.
- Support Product Managers in all aspects of the design and delivery of Advanced Analytics products, including providing business input to the design and technology discussions regarding the product Data Science & AI components. Collaborate with teams for an end-to-end execution of new product development (inception > POC > MVP > Live).
- Become a go-to-person in the Product team for Advanced Analytics product development process.
- Work in a fast-paced environment on entirely new product development, facing exciting and challenging problems lending to a path for professional growth in Product.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Experience working in Financial Crime and/or Payments within the Financial Services industry (min. 3-4 years).
- Experience in product management or consulting services, working with product development teams, defining product goals and prioritization using Agile methodology.
- Experience working with product teams and processes including ideation, design, & product development.
- Attention to detail, with a proven record of accomplishment of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines.
- Passion to work with Data Science teams and participate in discussions solution design related to AI.
- Understanding of Data & Analytics products, development cycle and processes.
- Experience working with product teams across different lifecycle stages including ideation, design, & product development.
- Passion for innovating and delivering truly differentiated products & user experiences.
- Understanding of best practices, and general and regulatory concepts on Data Privacy, Data Management, Sustainable, Fair, and Responsible uses of data.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interface across levels, regions, cultures, and languages, and engage successfully with both specialist teams and broader business partners. The successful execution of this role will be achieved through a combination of leadership, product and data science knowledge, innovation, passion for customers, and applied strategy. As well as a positive contribution to Visa’s rapidly expanding payments products and services offerings.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 15% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.