Senior Director - Corporate Analysis
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Strategic Finance team is looking for a talented Senior Director with a strong quantitative and analytical background. Our team directly supports Visa’s President, CFO, CEO and other senior leaders throughout the company with financial and business analysis.
This is a unique opportunity and calls for an ambitious and hard-working professional who will be highly visible at the Corporate level. The ideal candidate will have an established track record of analyzing complex, ambiguous and rapidly evolving business and financial questions within a data-rich environment. This position will be based in Visa’s San Francisco office or in Foster City.
- Lead quantitative analysis on Visa’s business drivers to provide proactive insights that shape internal and external communication on Visa’s performance and drive decision making
- Assess key macro and micro trends affecting Visa’s business model and put in place creative analytics to identify their impact on our drivers and financial results
- Design executive level presentations and prepare the President’s presentations to internal and external audiences including the Board of Directors
- Structure approaches to evaluate competitors’ financial performance and provide fact-based understanding of competitive landscape to executive leadership
- Identify opportunities to constantly improve, streamline, and automate various areas of the team's responsibility and engage in the development of new processes and tools
- Build strong knowledge of Visa's business through constant communication with top finance and business leaders
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, engineering, accounting, mathematics, economics, statistics or related quantitative field.
- 10-20 years of relevant financial analysis work experience; with 5+ years in corporate finance, investment banking or management consulting
- MBA and/or CFA preferred
- Expert skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong business acumen and commercial intuition required. Understanding of Visa’s business is preferred but not necessary
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills; ability to resolve tough business problems with well-structured analyses
- Ability to cultivate effective relationships and communicate effectively cross-functionally and with all levels of management
- Proven expertise in modeling techniques and managing large data sets
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output
- Strong bias for action and ability to proactively identify and resolve issues
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team and produce time sensitive deliverables
- Enthusiastic work ethic, passion for learning, and acute professional curiosity; able to solve problems with balance of independence and well-solicited input
- Strong leadership skills generating support and momentum among functional peers
- Global or multi-national business experience on-the-ground preferred
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.