Sr Software Engineer Payment Security and Identity - Data Product Development
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Payments are a very exciting and fast-developing area with a lot of new and innovative ideas coming to market. With strong demand for new solutions in this space, it promises to be an exciting area of innovation for the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is a strong leader in the payment industry, and is rapidly transitioning into a technology company with significant investments in this area.
If you want to be in the exciting payment space, learn fast and make big impacts, VISA Payment Security and Identity group is an ideal place for you!
The PSI development group is responsible for building critical risk and fraud prevention applications and services at VISA. This includes idea generation, architecture, design, development, and testing of products, applications, and services that provide Visa clients with solutions to detect, prevent, and mitigate fraud for Visa and Visa client payment systems.
This position is ideal for a software engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be one of the member of the RISK development team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems. Sometimes you will be designing brand-new software solutions, and at other times you may be refactoring existing functionality for performance and maintainability, but always working on ways to make us more efficient and provide better solutions to our customers. The role is for a self-motivated individual with software engineering skills and knowledge of Database, J2EE and Web technologies. The candidate will be extensively involved in leading hands-on software engineering activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team’s needs. You will also help and guide junior team members.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelors Degree or an advanced Masters Degree.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field with 5 years of Software Development Experience or a Masters degree with 2 years of Software Development Experience.
- Proficiency in Java is a must
- Experience with web service standards and related patterns (REST, JSON)
- Experience with Agile development incorporating TDD, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Sonar, JUnit, Mock frameworks.
- Experience in RDMS technologies like MySQL, Postgres or similar.
- Experience developing large scale, enterprise class distributed system or subsystems that require high availability, low-latency, & strong data consistency computing
- Experience implementing solutions for low-latency, distributed services using open standard technologies.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear & concise way, a team player with a strong work ethic
- The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work % of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.