Senior Product Manager, Visa Direct Payouts
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (sending and receiving financial institutions, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology. Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payouts to shared economy providers), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), and more. The push payments market is estimated to be more than $80 Trillion of payment volume globally.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager that is a self-starter, ready to learn and experiment, and able to work both independently and as part of a team. A key driver of success will be the ability to focus on the highest leverage activities in the face of rapid change and new information, and the ability to independently drive activities all the way to successful completion. Product management will be a focal point in our strategy to deliver world-class Visa Direct products to market, and the Senior Product Manger role is a key piece of that vision.
- Support the development of the product strategy, go-to-market plans, and product design documents (concept document, business case, product requirements)
- Support the development of the product roadmap to define/support the product goals and strategies Become knowledgeable on Visa’s products and support the product team in driving the development of product features and functionality, leveraging the strong foundation of existing capabilities where appropriate.
- Understand market trends, competition, and user requirements
- Distill market research to provide perspective to the team and product management leaders to inform insights and decisions
- Collaborate with internal Visa teams (e.g., regional teams, technology, client services, other Visa product teams, risk, and other applicable groups) to define and execute a cohesive strategy related to a specific product or feature
- 5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 6+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 +years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- 3 or more years of work experience, or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Strong analytical skills with familiarity of payment systems (card networks, ACH, RTP, SWIFT, digital wallets)
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an approachable way and strong documentation skills, including PowerPoint
- Detail oriented and highly execution focused by working in conjunction with various counterparts across multiple functional groups
- Ability to quickly learn about the internal Visa systems and how it all works together
- Ability to influence, negotiate and drive results, ensuring that timelines are adhered to and any risks to the project are called out early
Incumbent must make themselves available to support time zones from other regions on an as needed basis
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.