Senior Software Engineer - Data (.Net developer, MS SQL)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
To learn more about Visa's Corporate IT organization, visit careers.smartrecruiters.com/visa/cit
Are you a Data Warehousing specialist? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale data challenges? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new Analytics technologies? Come join us.
HR & Learning team is looking for Data Engineer to build next generation analytics and reporting platform on Microsoft SQL server.
The Data Engineer will be responsible for the creation & ongoing maintenance of custom data warehousing, reporting, and data-delivery solutions to support strategic and analytical data uses as well as supporting system integration needs that rely on data manipulation to make analysis and visualization possible. The Data Engineer will also be responsible for working directly with business teams and internal customers to analyze & understand business needs in support of the Enterprise Data Strategy. Database and Data Warehousing solutions will need to be capable of tracking histories efficiently, handling complex data structures, and medium to high data volumes. These solutions will also need to integrate with and consume data provided by custom ETL’s. The Data Engineer will also provide subject matter expertise pertaining to data structure, storage and analysis paradigms, and related solution designs to the Enterprise Data Architect in support of overall data strategy development & execution.
The DW Engineer must have extensive hands-on experience implementing data warehouses using the Microsoft stack with a focus on SSIS, SSAS tabular, DAX, Power BI, DevOps, and the Azure suite of products. The ideal engineer will partner with team members, customers, and business owners in creating robust and scalable SQL Server stack solutions to accomplish the enterprise goals of the team. The Data Engineer must possess a collaborative attitude, strong oral/written presentation skills, excellent problem-solving skills, and solid analytical/critical thinking skills.
- The role is to help our HR business partners to eliminate technical and economic constraints and help them to leverage their data to develop business insights.
- Design and implement a flexible platform for operational data stores, data warehouses, data marts and data lakes using standard practices as well as documenting the systems of record, data dictionaries and data flow diagrams for strategic data management.
- Translate business and functional requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions that work well within the overall data architecture.
- Develop extracts, transforms, and loads with SSIS.
- Implement best practice data quality assurance mechanisms.
- Drive DW lifecycle including source data analysis, ETL, data marts, reporting, dashboards, and analytic projects.
- Create process flows, high-level functional and detailed technical design specifications.
- Participate in the full development life cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery, support, and maintenance.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers.
- Ability to make good judgments, decisions, negotiate and problem solve.
- 3+ years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree
- Experience with dimensional data modeling, data warehousing and building ETL pipelines.
- Strong SQL skills with experience in writing complex T-SQLs and performance tuning.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft BI technology (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS and Power BI).
- Hands-on experience in design and implementation of ETL framework for complex data warehouse projects using SSIS.
- High proficiency in dimensional modeling techniques and their applications including star schemas.
- Experience working in DevOps, automating, and deploying packages between different environments.
- Knowledge on Master data management and Data Quality services.
- Experience with Human Resources data preferred.
- Industry experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across diverse audiences.
· This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
· The incumbent will be expected to work during core business hours
· The incumbent will be expected to travel <5%
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.