Lead Software Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Business Solutions Product Development team is a part of Visa’s Data Products Development organization and is responsible for designing, developing and managing 20+ applications and services for Visa’s Business Solutions line of products. Our range of products include data processing, business intelligence, data mining, and B2B payments solutions.
- Design, develop & deploy new applications and maintain existing applications
- Contribute to enhancements and corrections to existing Business Solutions applications codebase
- Mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, and with good code quality
- Serve as development point of contact for complex technical software development issues, problem analysis and resolution
- Work with architects, systems analysts, project managers, QA and other developers to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards
- Provide recommendation on scope and scale of effort required to develop solution
- Coordinate design activities, testing frameworks, and other related items in addition to contributing core product code
- Develop code that complies with design specifications and meets security and industry best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintainable and have high system performance
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies
- Minimum 10 years of experience in design, development & deployment of large scale products and services using .NET
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, or related technology/engineering discipline
- Proficient in architectural and design principles
- Proficient in .NET Core, C# and SQL
- Proficient in CI/CD and automation principles
- Basic and conceptual knowledge of Java/J2EE is good to have
- Demonstrated knowledge of designing and developing RESTful services & working knowledge of SOAP services
- Experience in MySQL, Oracle or IBM DB2 on AIX, Unix or Linux platforms is preferred
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and effective communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way
- Experience developing as part of Agile/Scrum team is preferred
- Passionate about delivering zero defect code that meet or exceed the proposed defect SLA and have high sense of accountability for quality and timeliness of one’s own deliverables and team deliverables
- Ability to deliver on multiple projects and manage priorities based on changing directions
- Past experience in the Payment industry and/or Commercial Card products is a plus
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.