Senior Director, Visa Direct Product Development and Delivery Lead
- 900 Metro Center Blvd., Foster City, CA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
We are seeking a Product Development and Delivery lead to develop our strategy and toolset to support new features as they go to market. In this role, you will be accountable for timely and high-quality execution and delivery from original concept through final implementation (full development and delivery lifecycle). The lead will be a thought leader in the Product Development Lifecycle space and have deep knowledge and expertise in prevailing methods for Software Product Development. The lead will have a passion for the tools, processes and disciplines needed to consistently develop world class products. The lead will be adept at using content as a method to empower customers and increase product adoption.
The key responsibilities for this role will be managing the end to end product development lifecycle from Ideation and Feature Intake through Design, Development, Deployment and Delivery to clients. The lead will work closely with Product Managers to enable them with tools and processes to support new product development. The lead will develop a strategy to monitor progress of features through the lifecycle as well as publish key product roadmaps and dashboards for executive and regional stakeholders. One key area that requires special focus is documentation. The lead will be responsible for representing Product Development and Architecture within Visa Direct’s overall content strategy initiative.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15+ years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD); PhD with 9+ years of experience
- 10+ years successful post college product or functional management experience
- Lead complex projects and processes with multiple stakeholders
- Drive projects in collaboration with product owners and leaders of all levels
- Coordinate work for geographically distributed teams
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills to synthesize and communicate complex information effectively
- Develop product development and delivery strategy, product launch content strategy, and product design best practices and product management training materials
- Lead collaboration with internal Visa teams e.g., regional teams, technology, client services, other Visa product teams, risk, and other applicable groups) to collect new product feature requests and communicate plans to roll out new features
- Individual works autonomously with ongoing supervision from manager and leadership
- Advocate for the customer
- Demonstrate customer empathy
- Translate needs into product goals and features
- Focus on data to prioritize and measure program success
- Set the vision, strategy, defines success (e.g., OKRs), makes decisions around product development and delivery processes, tools and strategy
- Leads by influence, does not rule by hierarchy or authority
- Ability to collect and transform information into useful and interesting content for customers and employees, which can convey ideas relevant to the industry
- Adept at various CMS platforms that could be leveraged to reduce amount of Visa Direct content produced in Microsoft Word & pdf format
- Thought leader in the Product Management, Development and Delivery space
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.