Senior Director, DSIP Commercialization
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable, and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. As a result, Visa has the world’s largest consumer payment transaction data set. Beyond transaction data, we also have the greatest behavior data set on the planet. Our Data, Security & Identity Product Team (DSIP) is just one team at Visa that creates products to use this data to drive better outcomes for consumers, clients, and economies.
Visa has invested heavily in a number of technologies utilizing the breadth and depth of Visa data around consumer and business insights, advanced authentication, and fraud prevention technologies, and the company continues to develop and deploy new and innovative programs to grow commerce through insights, fight fraud, enable acceptance, and support consumers. This foundational set of investments allows us to also deliver products to help clients (issuing banks, acquirers, and merchants) optimize their business beyond payments. We enable them to understand the behavior of their customers so they can bring products and services to market that more effectively meet their customers’ needs.
Visa's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network, and scale to reshape the future of commerce. Similarly, Data, Security and Identity Product team believes that data enables innovation.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. Our Company is a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Our team is at the forefront of leading our Company’s efforts to ultimately deepen our partnerships with our clients while producing real business outcomes for them.
· Are you a proactive problem solver?
· Are you a natural challenger of the status quo?
· Are you inspired to ideate new ways for the business to create value for clients, to enable and inspire our partners to do the same?
· Do you have a bias for action?
If so, join us!
We're seeking a proven leader to support the commercialization of our Data, Security & Identity products. Effective commercialization is key to accelerate the adoption of the team’s global portfolio, and drive revenue growth and continued client engagement with our value-added services. The DSIP commercialization strategy has four components:
Solution Development – map client needs and pain points to product use cases, and identify new/alternate value propositions to meet and anticipate those needs and achieve scalable product-market fit
Go-To-Market Acceleration – coordinate and enable regional product teams and internal channel partners to sell Data, Security, and Identity products
@Scale Enablement – identify and manage partners & channels that will ensure products can scale, while managing the supporting operations to sustain our products
Portfolio Growth – analyze and measure our sales/business performance to inform and drive commercialization strategies; manage client success teams to engage and upsell our clients across our product portfolio
This Senior Director role is expected to lead efforts in Go-to-Market Acceleration, however, the leadership on the commercialization team works across the above workstreams to ensure our overall framework is successful. Our team interacts primarily with our global product partners, global product marketing, regional product, operations, and internal sales teams. In addition, our team often works with supporting functions like legal, finance, human resources, and technology. All roles on the commercialization team have a responsibility to drive revenue of our products.
This role represents a great opportunity to develop and scale a variety of skills, including working with regional teams and clients, challenging the status quo, and problem-solving to remove barriers towards exponential growth opportunities. The Senior Director of Commercialization will be a self-starter who brings a blend of business acumen, customer centricity, critical thinking & problem solving, business data analysis, excellence in cross functional stakeholder communications and management, along with a relentless drive to grow revenue. The ideal candidate will be eager and determined to seek out clients, identify key pain points, and connect them with solutions across the Data, Security, and Identity Products portfolio. Location for this role can be remote or located at any Visa hub office in the USA.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- The primary focus is to enable sales teams to meet and exceed revenue targets across a portfolio of products. Initial priority given to: Advanced Identity Score and Visa Destination Insights. Efforts should eventually include across DSI Product portfolio.
- Identify what is working well to sell in products into market and develop a systematic approach to do so repeatedly (across products and launches). Activities include but are not limited to:
- Set GTM playbook for regions to launch new products, features, solutions and markets
- Develop and maintain channel-centric and geographic-based sales initiatives to support development of products and demand generation campaigns
- Establish process to promote agile product development and GTM including value prop creation, rapid prototyping, tests, and pilot programs
- Collaborate with other DSIP Commercialization leadership team members to ensure GTM Acceleration supports the commercialization strategy outlined above.
- Provide regions and channel partners best practices to sell in products into market
- Support the measurement, monitoring, and communication of performance against these metrics to enable leadership to act quickly & decisively
- Partner closely with internal functions across Visa to drive commercialization of DSIP products
- Responsible for assisting with day to day activities, strategic meetings, cross functional collaboration to support revenue growth objectives
- Take initiative to develop skills by staying current on industry trends, product knowledge and new company developments.
- Lead efforts for pilot programs, that enable a new unique offering in market, by engaging prospects, tracking momentum, providing market feedback and cross collaborating with teams to drive the program’s success
- Work with DSIP Commercialization Strategy leader to formally develop a client feedback mechanism to systematically bring client and regional feedback to support the product development and commercialization processes & overall strategies
- Additional duties may be required in support of VP Commercialization. Some duties are, but not limited to:
- Create and communicate strategy broadly
- Link & label activities to ensure DSIP employees can connect their efforts to the business outcomes achieved
- Work with Product teams to create product go-to-market strategies
- Integrate Data, Security, Identity & Cardinal teams into 1 functioning organization
- Identify synergies, efficiencies, and opportunities to drive growth in product revenue
- Lead all “All Staff” activities & communications
- Liaise with Product Delivery team on Cardinal Visa integration
- Find opportunities to create and automate repeatable analyses or build self-service tools for business users
- Ensure project delivery within timelines and meet critical business needs
- Perform other job duties as required.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15+ years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, or MD); PhD with 9+ years of experience
- Problem solver that can connect dots across multiple workstreams
- Consistently challenge status quo
- Believe that we can create lasting, better outcomes for our stakeholders across the globe
- You are self-motivated and highly driven. You value responsibility, ownership, and recognize the value of the team in getting things done. You have an obvious bias for action.
- You default to logic and facts to make decisions (analytical); have high attention to detail and are highly organized
- Proven ability of handling multiple tasks at once, ownership of broad goals across a number of solutions
- Commercially astute with experience of working in a global matrix organization with the ability to navigate complex structures and empower decision-making locally
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness
- People leadership experience - creates a climate that inspires and enables
- Evidence of mobilizing others to get things done - effectively collaborating with internal, cross-functional teams (specifically the ones mentioned in the role description above)
- Passionate about what you do and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments, working for the industry leader
- Strong experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Payments industry knowledge (preferred)
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position may require the incumbent to travel for work up to 10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement: Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.