Senior Director, US FP&A
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Sr. Director, Business Drivers and Client Incentives – US FP&A
The US FP&A Team is seeking to hire a Sr. Director to its broader team supporting the top of the US P&L. The team is responsible for business drivers, including Payments Volume of ~$4T per annum, gross revenues, client incentives, and net revenue of ~$10B per annum (with net revenue a key measure of performance). The Team is tasked with developing conceptually sound, rigorous, and detailed understandings of all the various elements that impact net revenue, with the goal of optimizing financial performance and delivering against financial goals. This is supported by core planning & analysis responsibilities, the ongoing drive to uncover new insights and suggest improvements, and by either making or enabling business decisions. The Sr. Director will be a visible leader on the FP&A Team that is the day-to-day financial ‘eyes and ears’ for roughly half of Visa’s global net revenue.
Position has a dual focus on business drivers and client incentives, both of which are high profile, complex, and challenging topics, garnering heightened attention from internal stakeholders as well as the investor community.
- Visa USA’s ~$4T of annual payments volume captures ~20% of US GDP and is closely monitored and analyzed with a focus on uncovering macroeconomic and competitive insights. Additionally, since payments volume and processed transactions drive the core of Visa’s revenue, business drivers are highly visible and form the ‘back-bone’ of revenue projections.
- Client incentives support both a large number, and wide variety, of Visa’s commercial partnerships. Given the energetic nature of deals, unending deal pipeline, bespoke nature of deals, and accounting policy nuances, understanding and forecasting client incentives requires a keen strategic and tactical understanding of the payments industry and Visa P&L.
- Ensures the highest level of effectiveness and continued skill development of 4 team members.
- Leadership of and responsibility for US Payments Volume, US Processed Transactions and US Client Incentives FP&A.
- Collaborate with Deals Teams, Product, Sales, Economic Insights team, and Corporate FP&A to analyze volume trends, understand deal constructs and P&L impacts, gather insights, and appropriately incorporate into FP&A processes
- Ensure strong strategic alignment across Payments Volume, Processed Transactions and Client Incentives
- Identify and implement changes that improve forecasting efficiency and accuracy
- Partner with Corporate, Controllership, and North America Finance team to identify and eliminate duplicate processes
- Constantly push the envelope on analytics with a goal of uncovering new insights that drive business actions improving both near-term and long-term financial results.
- Create effective performance metrics to drive accountability and ownership within business teams.
- Drive the coordination, organization and execution of quantitative and decision support analyses, and advise senior management on insights and recommended actions.
- Make decisions with limited guidance, usually within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management while supporting syndication with stakeholders across the organization.
- Demonstrates leadership:
- Helps attract, retain, and train top talent into the team and broader Finance organization
- Strong and well-honed ability to influence, motivate and collaborate with a wide variety of partners and stakeholders
- Willing to ‘roll-up your sleeves’ and support the team during peak-load periods
- Able to rapidly establish a broad and deep understanding of the payments landscape
- Foundational understanding of multi-party economic model (issuers, acquirers, processors, interchange, merchants, cardholders, etc.)
- Market positioning and motivations of multiple parties in the competitive landscape
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Deep experience in Financial Planning & Analysis with a thorough understanding of financial accounting and management reporting
- Sound foundation in Finance including working knowledge of GAAP, familiarity with deal processes, and ability to navigate legal contracts
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- At least 10 years of professional experience or equivalent with 5-7 years of relevant experience in a well-disciplined organization where financial best practices are integral to the management of the business
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, engineering or relevant technical field
- MBA or advanced degree
- Experience with complex financial system (e.g., Hyperion, TM1, etc.) is preferred
- Investment banking and/or management consulting experience a plus
- Proactive, strategic thinker
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Superior problem solving skills with ability to communicate effectively with executive management
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Strong executive presence and ability to influence senior executives and business partners
- Ability to work effectively with other functional areas and understand the operational and cultural issues relevant to achieving superior results
- Client focused with tenacity to resolve issues and conflicts
- Ability to partner with multiple stakeholders
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.