Principal Product Manager - Visa Installments
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Are you excited to build the next generation of payment products and services? Do you want to convert your ideas into innovative solutions? Do you want to be a part of building and delivering solutions at global scale applying local needs that delight our users? Visa is looking for an accomplished Product Manager with a passion for innovating and shaping the next generation of payment products.
You will be responsible for building Visa Installments API’s and Platform services bringing innovative use cases to life at scale. In addition, you will look at defining solutions across our assets and challenge status quo where needed so that the solutions solve for our client needs and serve delightful experience on BNPL use cases for our global markets.
You will work closely with Visa clients, product teams, as well as technology partners to design and build our BNPL solutions.
You should be a self-starter that can balance strategy with day-to-day running the business aspects, highly organized, and able to seamlessly prioritize a dynamic workload.
- Be a leader, an integral part of a team of high performing product managers
- Execute on a comprehensive Platform and API product strategy and roadmap
- Define the product and focus on executable business requirements and user stories while managing scope of each release cycle
- Develop innovative products and services that leverages assets in our ecosystem based on deep customer insights and a strong understanding of the future of global payments
- Create and manage global product roadmaps, prioritization, and ensure consistent execution of the product lifecycle process from ideation to launch.
- Balance technical and commercial acumen, and communicate solution feasibility that drive the biggest impact on the business and value to the customers
- Understand evolving needs and challenges of clients including issuers, acquirers and merchants, and ensure products are tailored to meet those needs
- Own experience, product and business outcomes
- Keep abreast of industry trends and the competitive landscape in the payment space
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in business management, computer science or information technology or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD
- Keen eye for optimal designs and consumer experiences including experience building commerce platforms
- Deep background in payments, BNPL payments, and product management with a proven record of scaling products a plus
- Customer champion with a proven track record of developing and executing a product vision for successful products based on deep understanding of customer needs
- Hands on experience with agile software development practices; strong technical background and a proven ability to work with a team of developers
- Proven leadership capabilities including strong thought leadership, effective decision making, and ability to drive for results
- Experience with all aspects of product development life cycle, including planning, product management, and development
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong focus on client success. Comfortable making decisions with limited data, structuring abstract problem statements and defining solution path for execution
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate. Demonstrated passion for driving payments innovation
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This role at times requires off-hours responsiveness (for example when the executive is in a different time zone)
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 20% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.