Senior Business Development Manager, Visa Treasury Solutions, Visa Business Solutions
- Paris, France
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- This is a business development role that covers Europe. It focusses on building the Visa network and Visa commercial products for Cross Border (XB) payment use cases, focused on Visa B2B Connect. You will be working with FIs, developing and closing deals, working with existing B2BConnect customers to expand their currencies and channels, and building a pipeline, in a specialised team of account managers, implementation and product management.
- Work with the Corporate Banking, Cash Management, Treasury, Network Management and Payment Strategy teams in the FI community to position B2B Connect, as an alternative to enable new client banking services , as a complement and alternative to correspondent banking and existing account to account XB payment solutions. Demonstrate to banks that a Visa network transaction delivers high margin, low cost and highly secure payments across a range of payment use cases as an alternative to current channels.
- To be successful, you will need to be able to develop and communicate financial offers and implementation approaches and solutions. On the financial side, you’ll be required to work with sales teams and account executives to make incentive and pricing recommendations to the Visa Europe leadership. To help unlock the potential of these deals, the role will require that you investigate transaction use cases, channels, currencies and approaches to FX to help build service rollout plans. This may require working with third party technology providers and system integrators.
- Develop working relationship with participants and leaders in the wholesale, transaction banking industry in the UK and Ireland, including industry groups, technology integrators and payment system providers. Maintain and share expertise on industry challenges and regional and key global initiatives in cross-border payments. Understand how the issues of complex global payment requirements, regulation, AP/AR and new technology drivers impact offerings of large, regional and neo-banks.
- Analyse and understand how Visa payment services can integrate into the trade supply chain, in new banking models and across a broad range of payment use cases.
- Working with the B2B Connect Product management team, co-develop UKI cross-border propositions that leverage new transaction use cases, and partners, including Fintechs, integrators and payment application providers. This will require working with dedicated B2BConnect teams in all regions of the world.
- The successful applicant will have demonstrable experience business development experience in cross-border payments, correspondent/transaction banking. This may be from a bank, an industry technology provider, a network, or payment consultancy. A detailed knowledge of cross-border / SWIFT message standards, nostro and vostro account operation, and flows of funds and FX operations between correspondent banks, will be needed.
- A general background in payments (networks, cross border and domestic) is important. An interest in the future of payments is important.
- An individual who is established in the cross-border payments industry in the UK & Ireland and can demonstrate an understanding of the challenges of corporate treasurers, international businesses, and in particular of the challenges on offering a consistent, predictable, global client experience in a cost-effective manner, and how banks, technology providers and networks work together to address that.
- This is a highly commercial role and target driven role, and you will need to prove the financial success of your efforts. You will need strong financial, analytical, collaborative and product skills that align with managing major opportunities. This will include working with pricing and deal modelling teams.
- Influencing skills with be a critical part of this role. You must be able to influence both internal and external business partners, and have the credibility to negotiate, strong relationship skills to gain confidence of clients and partners, and the ability to establish open and transparent relationships.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are critical. Ideally, you will be comfortable representing Visa with our customers and in public forums, and reflecting the Visa values.
If you’re interested in a career that will surprise you – get in touch with Visa today.