Account and Business Development Manager
- Brussels, Belgium
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory in a global business, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
The European Acquirer Business Development team is responsible for driving pan-European growth via close collaborations with strategic partners and internal colleagues across the Visa business including (but not limited to) Country teams, Product, Finance, Marketing and Consulting. Our ability to be successful rests on gaining a deep understanding of client needs, the market environment and delivering against shared goals.
We are looking for an Account and Business Development Manager to be responsible for managing day-to-day relationships with key clients and driving account growth. The successful candidate will work in a dynamic, highly respected team and have the opportunity to develop and grow their career. Due to the international nature of our clients, the role will require travel within Europe ~20% of the time.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as the day-to-day interface between clients and Visa; engaging across multiple levels within Visa and the Client’s business
- Driving effective resolution of client queries and operational matters to drive client satisfaction
- Proactive identification of client needs and delivering appropriate new products/services that deliver value
- Partnering with clients, liaising with multiple stakeholders to deliver account plans and KPIs
- Engaging with cross-functional colleagues ensuring teams such as product, marketing, client services and consulting are appropriately involved and supporting client development
- Contributing to the development of the overarching strategy for the clients and Visa
- Championing Visa with clients and championing the clients within Visa
Requires Bachelors/Degree or equivalent experience.
The individual appointed must also have the necessary flexibility and experience to deliver against a varied and changing landscape, the balance of skills required often changes as projects develop.
The skills and attributes required include;
- excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively across functions and geographies in a matrix environment
- the ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of project teams
- strong commercial acumen with the ability to identify opportunities and propose solutions
- an entrepreneurial mindset
- the ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- proven influencing, selling and negotiation skills
- self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines
- previous sales management and/or account management experience is preferable
- a curious mind-set with knowledge of the payments business and technology
- the ability to prioritise and manage multiple work-streams simultaneously, meeting set deadlines
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you within a high growth business – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.