Manager, Network Partner Queries - VPL (Consultant / Manager)
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You will fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Visa Payments Ltd, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Visa Payments Ltd Earthport is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa Payments Ltd and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Visa Payments Ltd as a Manager, Network Partner Queries we want to hear from you.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
What’s it all about?
The Manager, Network Partner Queries is responsible for working alongside the Compliance Leadership Team, assisting with coaching and supporting the delivery, maintenance and improvement of the compliance-risk control framework.
The compliance-risk control framework includes financial crime compliance and regulatory compliance. Financial crime focus is on Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF), Sanctions & Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC), and on the associated Know Your Customer (KYC) and Know Your Customer’s Business (KYC/B) & Counterparty Due Diligence (CDD) obligations; including primarily but not limited to: -
- On-boarding counterparty due diligence
- Transactional monitoring
- Sanctions screening
- Suspicious activity identification, monitoring and reporting
What we expect of you, day to day.
The role of the Manager, Network Partner Queries is to deal with escalations within the team and provide guidance on complex queries and Network partner issues and escalations.
- Providing leadership and direction to the compliance team and direct reports specifically, through regular engagement around Group Compliance and individual objectives and deliverables.
- Allocating work and setting delivery expectations using objective setting within the professional development/appraisal process.
- Ensuring delivery through others (through constructive criticism, guidance and support).
- Helping to define the Compliance Mission & Vision and promoting it across the group.
- Identifying training/skill-set requirements and coaching direct-reports re learning opportunities.
- Delegate and prioritise workload, setting delivery expectations with oversight and guidance.
- Oversight to ensure SLAs and deadlines at met.
- Deal with escalations from Network Partners, assist in understanding their regulatory requirements and implement the appropriate controls to mitigate internal/external concerns.
- Assist our Rules Officer in the review of new controls/rules at periodic review, consideration risk, relationship and service.
- Produce and develop management information in alignment with regulatory and internal policy/risk expectations
- Identify trends, and use data to suggest improvements to effectively resolve service issues
- Provide demonstrations of the VPL business, our product and internal control framework to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and internally escalate actual or suspected financial crime incidents
- Ensuring clients are within legal parameters and not undertaking ML or criminal activities. For example, using screening and monitoring systems to assess client legitimacy.
- Identifying, managing & escalating suspected and actual money laundering, sanctions breaches and fraud cases through the relevant escalation path.
- Ensuring the compliance risk control framework remains aligned with external legislation.
- Conducting and/or overseeing compliance monitoring reviews and audits.
- Promoting and providing advice on best compliance practice within critical business areas.
- Exemplifying the company values and promoting them in all areas of the role, within and without the function.
What we’re after…
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification/s (ICA AML, Compliance and/or Financial Crime Post-Grad Diplomas)
- Substantial experience in a related environment (Payments and FX industry, compliance, regulation)
- Managing an operational function and experience of coaching teams and individuals
- The individual should maintain awareness of the applicable regulation and legislation.
- Working knowledge of compliance procedures and risk management
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to research into compliance issues
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Attention to detail (regulatory environment)
- Team player
- Ability to think laterally and problem solve
- Self-starter, motivated
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Able to identify and utilise learning opportunities
- Desired experience in an FCA regulated payment or financial institution (PI or FI)
- Understanding of IT systems, operational and/or product development payment processes, especially in e-Commerce environments for retail and/or corporate payments
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.