Senior Director – Technology & Product Category, Europe Sourcing
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Director – Technology & Product Category, Europe Sourcing we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
Visa Europe Sourcing has an opportunity for a highly motivated, experienced and results-driven Procurement leader to join Europe Sourcing Leadership Team and help us to lead the change, further develop and shape the regional function and become a strategic partner to the business. Are you interested in the transformation and digital journey? Do you enjoy working in cross-functional teams? Can you bring leading practice thinking and solutions? Are you experienced and ambitious senior procurement leader? If this inspires and sounds familiar, please contact us because we would like to talk to you!
The role includes development and execution on strategic roadmap, objectives, and plans, building internal and external relationships, team leadership and end-to-end functional responsibility and outcomes. It provides direction and coaching to raise standards and drive execution and engagement. It contributes to the evolution and overall success of the Visa Europe Sourcing.
· Lead and further develop the category area and the team of category managers, sourcing managers and analysts
· Coach the team to meet current and future growing business expectations
· Actively contribute to Europe Sourcing team overall success as the Leadership Team member.
· Participate in the development and execution of the transformation journey.
· Provide an overall functional leadership to the team
· Drive earlier engagement with the business and planning activity
· Lead all aspects of the function, taking full accountability for the front- and back-end of the process, to ensure successful business/customer experience
· Drive continues improvements in the categories in scope working close with the business and colleagues in the global team
· Secure financial benefits, cost savings and contribution to the revenue growth, and other added values
CSR/Sustainability & Diversity in the supply chain
· Contribute to strategic approach and embedding Sustainability and Diversity in the Services supplier base
· Be ambassador of the overall CSR agenda making the better world!
Partnerships & Innovation
· Build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders and colleagues in the Global Sourcing team
· Act as Procurement Business Partner to stakeholders with end-to-end accountability for procurement/sourcing and local market support.
· Build strong relationships with strategic and critical suppliers and drive supplier innovation
Communication & Influencing
· Communication with and influencing a complex ecosystem of stakeholders, business owners and 3rd party suppliers
· Third Party Risk & Compliance team
· Working with various colleagues on all levels including CxO in our organization, e.g. CFOs, CMOs, etc.
General Key Responsibilities Examples
- Understand Category spend and supplier landscape, leading practices, and opportunities.
- Manage Stakeholder relationships, know relevant business strategies, plans and priorities
- Ensure development and alignment of Category & Sourcing Strategies.
- Build and align short- and long-term Procurement Plan (The Pipeline).
- Drive execution of powerful Sourcing strategies, for financial and other benefits realisation
- Work with Legal teams to build contract templates library
- Support business to optimize demand and specifications
- Build, continuously develop and deploy Preferred Supplier Lists (PSL)
- Manage Tail spend
- Ensure that all global and regional projects are developed and executed with regional and local countries engagement
- Hands-on lead large size sourcing initiatives (RFx) in collaboration with the business
- Report on the Category and team progress and performance, using agreed key metrics.
- As a part of the Sourcing Leadership Team, contribute to the development of the functional and people capabilities maturity
Categories in scope
Product Category includes blend of technology/non-technology, direct and indirect categories:
· Systems Integration/ADM, Software, App Development, Professional Services incl. Insurances, Consultancy and Commercial partnerships through reseller agreements
Technology Category includes
· Software, Hardware, Services, Networks/Telecom, Datacentres
· Educated to degree level and experience with postgraduate procurement accreditation (MCIPS or MIIAPS)
· Strong experience as Head Of Procurement, Technology/IT and non-Technology/IT, or “Head Of Technology Category” with advanced Procurement technical and analytical skills and strong knowledge of how good looks like in these areas.
· Broad experience in key category areas, supplier and market dynamics, business models, contract negotiations, implementation, and supplier relationship management
· Track record of Category Management implementation and ability to train others
· Experience from the sales/bid-support and vendor management is a plus
· Advanced Project Leadership skills with success in delivering large and complex projects Sourcing, Outsourcing (BPO), Managed Services (MS)
· Experience in working in complex, high and low maturity global and regional organizations
· Excellent people management skills building collaborative and high performing teams
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Demonstrable influencing skills and senior stakeholder management (with credibility up to CxO level)
· Energy, pace and an impeccable track record of delivery
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.