Director – Procurement Operations & Supplier Management, Europe Sourcing
- London, UK
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Europe Sourcing
Visa Europe Sourcing has an opportunity for a highly motivated, experienced, and results-driven Procurement leader to join the team and help us to lead the change, further develop and shape the function and become a strategic partner to the business. Are you interested in the transformation and digital journey? Do you enjoy working in cross-functional teams? Can you bring leading practice thinking and solutions? Are you experienced in building teams and developing people? If this inspires and sounds familiar, please contact us because we would like to talk to you!
The role holder will be responsible for developing and leading the efforts within the Europe Sourcing organization related to Source To Pay (S2P) processes, further simplification and digitalisation, and adoption of Ariba solutions to enable and drive improved efficiency, compliance, risk mitigation and enhanced value to Visa. The Director will partner with the Europe Sourcing Leadership Team on key strategic initiatives, including designing, planning and execution of the long-term vision and strategy for the function. In addition, this position will also assume responsibility for standing up and leading the Supplier Management function including CSR, Supplier Sustainability and Diversity programs.
Core to this role will be bringing in further standardisation and consistency with Visa global and best practice ways of working including processes, system deployment and policies that are central to S2P, as well as data analytics and management information reports, to measure Europe Sourcing overall performance and value-add. As such, he/she will have deep knowledge and expertise with respect to S2C and P2P processes, supporting technologies and how these can support the business. Furthermore, the candidate will have demonstrated the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams, participate in global projects, articulate proposed solutions and associated benefits across the organization, and successfully guide the implementation including all change management and communication aspects.
Given that this position will have high visibility across the organization, he/she must be comfortable and adept in communicating with senior leaders and executive management.
This individual will be expected to deliver value and competitive advantage to the business as measured by internal customer satisfaction, project execution, greater process and internal efficiency, and stronger compliance with our policies, processes and tools.
This position will be reporting directly to the Vice President - Europe Sourcing and located in London.
· Lead and further develop the Procurement Operations and Supplier Management function.
· Design and execute the functional roadmap, strategies and plans
· Provide an overall leadership and line management of the team
· Support continues development of the team members
· Understand and improve internal customer journey, deliver excellent support, with speed, quality, and simplicity
· Drive continues improvements, working close with the colleagues in the Global team
- Report on the progress and performance using agreed key metrics.
- Contribute to the overall transformation and success of the Visa Europe Sourcing function
This role offers a great opportunity to engage with large number of stakeholders and peers within the Global Sourcing community, and to drive enhancements of the ways of working, delivering efficiencies and other values to the business.
· Educated to degree level or an equivalent combination of education and experience with postgraduate procurement accreditation (MCIPS or MIIAPS)
· Director level, strategic procurement, sourcing and supplier management/vendor management experience with strong knowledge of related processes, methodologies and leading practices.
· Demonstrated experience from leading Procurement Operations/Centre of Excellence
· Proven track record of successfully leading S2P (S2C and P2P) processes and Ariba deployment.
· Strong knowledge and experience in design, documentation and deployment of end-to-end processes including Target Operating Model (TOM), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and templates for Source To Contract (S2C) and Procure To Pay (P2P) process.
· Advanced project management skills. Understands the importance of defining and managing the critical path
· Experienced in continuous improvement methodologies. Practical working knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma principles resulting in measurable and tangible benefits to the organization.
· Strong experience in Supplier Management/Vendor Management including Supplier Performance and Relationship Management. Tangible experience engaging with strategic suppliers and business stakeholders to drive a culture of continuous developments and breakthrough innovations.
· Experience in working in complex, high and low maturity global and regional organizations Excellent organizational skills.
· Excellent people management skills building collaborative and high performing teams
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Comfortable interfacing and presenting to senior leadership in concise, well-planned, and clear manner.
· Energy, pace and an impeccable track record of delivery
We seek a leader who has experience in procurement transformation including standing up and evolving functions and disciplines and building engaged and high performing teams in a multinational corporation. The following personal characteristics will be critical to succeed in the role:
· A strategist and executor – capable to design and deliver on strategy and objectives
· A problem solver – capable of dissecting a complicated problem and evaluating it systematically
· Personal drive and high working capacity, with ability to deploy leading practices and push your ideas forward and challenge different views
· Savvy business acumen – focused on impact and outcomes
· Inter-cultural sensitivity and excellent interpersonal and communications skills
· Human and internal customer centered – someone with a good understanding of the importance of change management and good communication
· Collaborator with business partnering mind-set working close with the regional and global peers, on all levels in the organisation
· Ability to counsel and influence decision-makers by creating clear recommendations
You will lead a team of S2P Specialists and Analysts and Supplier Managers