Accounts Payable Accountant
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The candidate will be a primary contributor to the Accounts Payable invoice process in the Austin Global Business Services team. The primary role of this position will be to support the invoice processing for various entities across North America and manage the invoice telecommunications process for Visa.
Ensure processing of invoices is in compliance with established key controls
Provide strong customer service and demonstrate initiative in preventing invoice and payment issues
Assist, research, and resolve invoice and payment issues with internal employees and external vendors within service level commitments
Ensure special handling invoices for critical suppliers are processed timely and accurately
Collaborate with Sourcing and Data Maintenance teams to resolve supplier setup issues related to Purchase Orders
Assist in documentation of the Accounts Payable function; train internal and external customers on policy and procedures
Manage the telecommunication invoice processing via a third party invoice processing system. Review and audit telecommunication vendor invoices including simple and complex voice and data services, i.e. circuits, frame relay, internet, MPLS private lines, ISDN, POTS, toll free, long distance, teleconference, and wireless devices.
Manage the AP import feed process for all automated invoice files, which includes troubleshooting issues to resolution.
Assist management with ad hoc projects as necessary for the Finance organization; drive standardization across the Globe by leveraging the automated telecom solution
Assist with internal audit, walk-through, and SOX documentation
Partner with cross-functional teams to fully support the Full Service Model in Finance
2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Minimum 5 years of accounts payable experience in a professional services firm environment, which includes Invoice processing, Payment Processing, Supplier invoice statement reconciliation and basic accounting principles
Minimum of 3 years of telecommunications experience
Fluent with the Procure to Pay principles and concept
Required experience with the Ariba Procure to Pay system
- Familiarity with global payment standards and payment types
- Required experience with Oracle, with a focus on Accounts Payable and Invoice modules
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with strong commitment to customer service
- Independent and self-motivated - ability to work with little or no direct supervision
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to support team environment
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent experience)
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.