VP, Platforms - VBS
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Business Solutions Product team is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Product Management leader to lead the strategy of our key commercial products. The primary responsibility is to build products and solutions that deliver delightful experiences with a substantial value propositions across the entire B2B payments ecosystem i.e., merchants, issuers, acquirers and technology platforms. Specifically, this role will have primary responsibility of platforms within VBS – scalable capabilities which power our broad suite of VAS and core products to accelerate growth. Examples include data and virtual product solutions. In this role, the individual will work closely with clients, partners, business unit leaders, engineering, architects, user experience and global cross-functional counterparts to build, iterate and refine new payment experiences across all channels. He/she will interact with executives and others in client and partner organizations to brainstorm co-creation ideas and rapidly prototype working proof of concepts and bring pilots to market. He/she will then evangelize the proof of concept within and outside of Visa, and work closely with product teams in Visa to drive pilot/commercialization. He/she will bring prior experience in hands-on development and a close knowledge of developments in B2B payments and related technology. He/she is creative and hands-on, has a bias towards action and is able to inspire others with his/her vision. Prior experience with mobile and cloud payments, AI, Big Data, as well as familiarity or experience with rapid prototyping.
As a global product management leader, here is a sample of deliverables and activities where you will be accountable:
- Annual Operating Plan
- Build annual operating plan including financial forecast (TAM, SAM, SOM), Objective Key Results (OKRs), and coordinating with regional teams
- Strategy and New Use Cases
- Deliver POV and evolving strategy of Commercial Applications
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with client needs and company vision
- Ensure product vision and requirements are designed with scalability and long-term vision in mind
- Brainstorm with internal and external teams to develop ideas and potential solutions for co-creation
- Liaise with other business units, product leaders, engineering and other applicable groups to ensure flawless execution
- Provide status, action plans and recommendations to senior leadership on an ongoing basis
- Product Development
- Prioritize and deliver features to bring commercial products rapidly to market to various partners and countries
- Partner with clients throughout the payment ecosystem to develop product strategy and co-create solutions
- Conceptualize, develop and launch new products & experiences at the intersection payment and technology
- Rapidly convert ideas into working prototypes, mashing together solutions/capabilities that exist within Visa or externally
- Synthesize requirements into a common set of platform and services capabilities, writing very clear, thorough and detailed user stories for complex features and product sets
- Performance Management
- Develop and lead regular performance management cadence including business reviews and internal communication
- Lead cross-functional team across research, design and development to design, test and pilot products
- Work closely with Internal and external product and partner teams to ensure alignment on goals/scope, plan critical path and operational risks, and ensure transparent communication
- Working with regional and global sales/account executives to identify and enable use cases related to commercial applications with the goal of scaling
- Perform go-to-market activities by closely working with program management, product managers, other product teams, finance, operations, legal, compliance, user experience and external partners as required
- Drive coordination with core product teams to enable commercialization
- Build a strong team culture
- Lead a sizable team and ensure high team performance and satisfaction
- Demonstrate strong leadership and people management skills, with a focus on developing diverse, high performing teams and fostering an inclusive culture that is inquisitive and collaborative
- Create a team culture that amplifies Visa’s Leadership Principles
15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 12 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12+ years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA)
- 5+ years of experience in the payments industry (e.g. payment processing, acquiring, payment technology provider, payment brand etc.)
- Successful track record of nurturing products from pilot to launch, and taking early-stage products to scaled-growth by working across functions (from finance, to treasury, risk to operations, legal to strategy)
- Experience in successfully leading agile transformation within a global SaaS business
- Experience working with a diverse range of players in the payments ecosystem and empathizing with their commerce and payments needs
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new opportunities to innovate and differentiate with evidence of tangible business results
- Customer champion with a proven track record of developing and executing a product vision for successful products based on deep understanding of customer needs
- Experience managing and developing strong partnership with technology to influence and co-create shared roadmaps,
- Experience negotiating and motivating a variety of clients – fintechs, Big Tech, traditional payment players, to deliver results for the ecosystem
- Experience creating thought leadership with first principles and substantiating perspectives with data to create new strategies
- Experience leading and managing teams with OKRs
- Excellent ability to communicate strategy, and secure internal investment for products by consistently executing strategy and delivering results.
- Proven success influencing senior stakeholders, and decision makers across the globe (including C-suite)
- Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to a broad audiences in an approachable way
- Natural collaborator, with excellent communication skills and strong executive presence.
- Must be self-motivated and comfortable with ambiguity, possessing the maturity and competence to influence across multiple levels and organizations including internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to inspire direct reports and influence those without direct management responsibility
- Passionate about what you do and fired up about the opportunity to transform payments, working through the industry leader
- Incumbent must makes themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 25-30% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.