Director, Card Payments Products - Visa Direct
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (sending and receiving financial institutions, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology. Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payouts to shared economy providers), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), and more. The push payments market is estimated to be more than $80 Trillion of payment volume globally.
The Director, Card Payments Products will be a member of the global Visa Direct Product Architecture and Design team, and the position will report to the Card Payments Products Lead (based in Canada).
This role will be responsible for planning, developing, and deploying new products/features and enhancing existing capabilities in accordance with the broader product strategy and roadmap. The incumbent will lead individual Card Payments Product initiatives within the Visa Direct team, including product management of Push to Card (OCT) and Pull from Card (AFT) services with a particular emphasis on supporting growth of Cross Border payment flows, new use cases and bolstering Visa Direct’s competitiveness with ACH and RTP schemes for domestic payments. The Director, Card Payments Product will work closely with the Card Payments Products Lead, cross-functional stakeholders and Product counterparts focused on Push to Account, Push to Wallet as well as Money Movement (Settlement, Liquidity and FX) to ensure a unified customer experience across an increasingly diverse set of new endpoints.
- Execute and evolve Visa strategy to support simple, transparent, scalable payments solutions that allow originators to move money more easily
- Collaborate with peers and senior leaders to align product strategies and ensure proper coordination and messaging where appropriate. Provide executive briefings and ensure awareness of product rollout and migration efforts
- Manage enhancements to the product architecture to allow originators to deliver payments cross border as well as to reduce barriers for new use cases (generally tied to acceptance, data, regulatory compliance, risk or other ecosystem factors)
- Lead efforts targeted at driving progress with Push to Card for disbursements on a global basis, with particular emphasis on North America, Europe and CEMEA
- Work with Technology to ensure new use cases and capabilities deliver expected user experience and are on time and within budget.
- Execute Visa Direct roadmap against overall commercial targets for all payment types and use cases
- Client interaction with corporate/treasury banks, Card Issuers, Acquirers, Processors and PSPs
- People management responsibility may be added to this role, but at this time it is an individual contributor
- Cross-functional interaction within Visa including Compliance, Client Readiness, Legal, Regulatory, Risk, Sales, Marketing, Product, Investor Relations, Corporate Development, Corporate Strategy and Technology
- Business and platform architecture
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 8 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD);
- 12+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 10-15 years of payments experience, including experience in product and in payments processing
- Broad knowledge in electronic payments and digital transaction standards with ability to understand how use cases can be realized through payment technology
- Strong technical aptitude with understanding of predominant payment schemes, i.e. ACH, RTP, SWIFT, Cards.
- Proven project management skills, strong attention to detail and execution focus
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to develop, understand, synthesize, and communicate technical complexities to non-technical peers and clients, both senior and junior, in a simple and clear manner.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results.
- Ability to inspire, influence, negotiate and drive results with those without direct management responsibility. Comfort leading and working closely with cross-functional teams required.
- Possess a high level of professionalism and leadership skills to build business relationships, trust and respect with business partners and cross-functional teams. Strong ability to collaborate across cultures.
- Passionate about what you do and excited about the opportunity to transform payments.
- Strong team player, self-motivated and the ability to work independently at coordinating cross functional activities, data collection, and use of good judgment to elevate issues at critical junctures appropriately.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with colleagues across functional areas, with senior management and clients.
Incumbent must make themselves available to support time zones from other regions on an as needed basis
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.