LAC Tax Manager
- Miami, FL, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Reporting to the Senior Director of International Tax – Latin America / Caribbean, this position will perform a variety of functions with a particular focus on supporting our operation in Brazil and South Cone (Argentina/Chile). Functions will include providing tax support to the region’s Executive / Business Leadership and the different teams in the markets on new business initiatives, business restructurings, international tax aspects of the tax provision, tax legislative updates, local tax compliance support, and managing of tax audits.
- Provide tax support for VISA’s operations in Brazil and South Cone and some other regional and global projects as required.
- Assist with maintaining the region's transfer pricing policies and calculations, including overseeing, and supporting the preparation of transfer pricing studies and updates in Brazil and South Cone. Basic understanding of Brazilian transfer pricing rules is required.
- Coordinate the preparation, review, filing and payment of the Brazilian and South Cone direct tax and indirect tax compliance processes (tax compliance preparation is outsourced).
- Provide support to regional and local tax planning initiatives (development and implementation).
- Provide tax support to various business initiatives across multiple markets.
- Assist with region's quarterly and annual tax provisions focusing on specific markets, including the analysis of uncertain tax positions and potential valuation allowance requirements
- Provide support in managing tax audits in Brazil and South Cone, which includes working with external tax advisors to review tax notices & inquiries received for local taxing authorities and preparing the appropriate response to said notices and inquiries
- Support internal control and maintain SOX documentation and processes related to international taxation for Brazil and South Cone.
- Ad hoc tax projects as required or as needed, mainly focused on Brazil and South Cone.
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
BS/BA in Accounting or Finance, CPA, JD and or Master’s in Taxation
- At least 8+ years with a combination of major public accounting firm and multinational corporation in high tech industry, with a minimum of 6 years international taxation and Brazilian tax experience. Brazilian tax technical knowledge is a must.
- Ability to operate independently in a detail oriented and "hands-on" environment.
- Sound technical knowledge and practical experience dealing with Brazilian, Latin American and U.S. international tax issues for multinational corporations.
- Involvement in preparation of tax provisions for foreign entities under U.S. GAAP
- Strong, tax and analytical skills with ability to research tax law and apply relevant tax law to specific fact patterns
- Tax modeling skills are a plus.
- Team oriented, self-motivated, and willing to take ownership of projects
- Be able to communicate tax issues clearly and interact effectively with various groups throughout the organization
- Strong project management skills
- Trilingual – English / Portuguese / Spanish
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law