Commercial Operations Manager - Partner
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Manager of Sales and Commercial Operations Acquirer, Tech Partner and FI will be responsible for the design and implementation of effective commercial strategies to drive revenue growth and expansion of our business model across the region. In addition, the role holder will develop and execute new innovative approaches to drive efficiencies across our processes to achieve the best in class sales execution. The position will work closely with regional business leaders to implement and coordinate systems and procedures, and interface with regional and global FP&A business partners.
- Work with the sales leadership team and sales colleagues to enable accurate strategic & business planning, forecasting, territory management, and methodology, aligning with the broader Merchant Sales & Solutions strategy
- Responsible for ensuring accurate pipeline, forecasting and reporting strategies methods, processes for the NA Acquirer, Tech & FI partner business.
- Work directly with market leads, partners and clients to evaluate new use cases as well as optimizing and expanding use of existing CyberSource’s products and solutions
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key partners – internally and externally. Build relationships with key Visa stakeholders and serve as a trusted advisor to CyberSource and MSA sales team in commercial discussions and negotiations with prospective clients and existing partners
- Establish strong relationships with internal partners in developing strategy, financial models, and tactical execution
- Provide Subject Matter Expert sales guidance to Sales & Authorize.Net teams
- Participate and work with global functions (Product, Marketing) to deliver the go-to-market strategy and commercialization of products in market
- Partner with Corporate Projects & Change Management function to support projects with significant impact to North America business by offering strategic business insights.
- Work with the sales leadership team and sales colleagues to enable accurate strategic & business planning, forecasting, territory management, and methodology, aligning with the broader Acquirer, FI & Tech Partner Sales & Solutions strategy
- Track sales and business results; provide monthly, quarterly, and annual business performance and sales reporting; own pipeline forecasting methodology; communicate metrics, key performance indicators, and communicate findings to the leadership team and to sales colleagues
- Support Deal Management and sales teams with Commercial deal offerings and through client negotiations and proposals, including support and preparation of bespoke pricing commercial constructs and RFP responses
- Establish strong relationships with partners in developing strategy, financial models, and tactical execution
- Implement and administer revenue management and forecasting models aligned with sales and business development goals. Ensure this process is transparent and involves multiple stakeholders.
- 8 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- A strong track record of role modelling Visa’s Leadership Principles
- A strategic mindset who understands broad market trends and penetration tactics while identifying key insights and developing them into business strategies
- 10+ years of experience in financial management and strategic sales operations planning in a B2B high-growth sales environment
- Proven experience navigating and leading change programs across functional teams
- Ability to collaborate with and influence a broad range of stakeholders for e.g. Visa and CyberSource Sales, MS&A, Product & Innovation and support teams to build world-class partnership models for our clients
- Successful track record of building relationships and engaging with colleagues across functions, levels and geographies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as product, operations, and sales
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Interest and intellectual curiosity regarding the global financial system, as well as FinTech and business models
- Desire to grow Visa and CyberSource’s revenue with a particular passion for CyberSource’s role in the future of commerce and the open commerce ecosystem
- Vision and drive to set direction for commercial go-to-market plans and leveraging market insights to differentiate from competitors
- Significant experience of using Salesforce.com CRM
- Experience of Sales Effectiveness Models
- Strong ability to demonstrate leadership, coordination and project management skills
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 15% of the time (domestic and/or international).
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.