- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Production Support Engineer will be responsible for coordinating and planning maintenance windows, deploy code and build environment as required by the stakeholders. In addition, you will be responsible to troubleshoot application related issues or environment issues.
The production support engineer would be working on multiple build release for the testing team on a daily basis. They may need to work extended hours to complete the build process or completing the maintenance window. As a production support engineer you will:
· Plan, develop, evaluate and implement plan for maintenance related to infrastructure or software deployment for the application.
· Configures and prepare production release deployment and rollback instructions.
· Automation of deployment, scripting and monitoring non prod environment through custom scripts or tools available at Visa.
· Troubleshoot and debug issues related to service as needed
· Work collaboratively with other team members as required
· Create change record in Service-Now for maintenance window or changes to the application.
· Be primary contact for deployment related inquiries and issues
· Analyze and troubleshoot deployment issues in a timely manner
· Develop deployment support documentation
· Work with QA teams to deploy and troubleshoot the product software
· Engage and participate in project meetings
· 3-4 years of experience as DevOps/Deployment engineer
· 3-4 years of experience Jenkins, Chef, GIT, Maven or other tools
· 3-4 years of experience in deployment, operations.
· 3-4 years of experience with Redhat Linux, AIX
· 3-4 years of experience with Tomcat / tcServer
· Strong understanding of SDLC
· Experience with builds, deployment, troubleshooting and production support
· Basic scripting knowledge
· Experience with Java, J2EE, JASPER , IBM MQ Broker, SOAP, REST,XML, Webservices.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work closely with operations, QA and development teams.
· Strong ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies in a short time.
· Basic SQL skills to support application
· Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Microservices
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information
· Good experience with ITIL, BMC Remedy, Service Now or other ITIL framework.