Senior Product Manager - Predictive Insights Data Products
- Arlington, VA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa has the world’s largest consumer payment transaction data set. We see data on over 100 billion transactions per year from all over the world. We are on an exciting journey to build products using that rich data to help our clients expand access to credit in regions with low credit penetration. We have come a long way in that journey and are hard at work to commercialize our products into solutions that solve our clients’ problems.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who has managed all facets of bringing new products to life – particularly in running pilots / proof of concepts.
More specifically, the Senior Product Manager will:
- Convert product pilot design intent from paper into a detailed action plan
- Run the day-to-day development – track progress, identify breakdowns, quickly problem solve, manage client/customer escalations, and communicate with stakeholders
- Work with clients and internal development teams to fix issues that arise during ideation and development
- Conduct data analysis to support the pilots such as gathering and synthesizing data to measure success or failure of the pilots
To excel in this role, you need to be well-rounded in product strategy and analytics:
- Test & learn is your mantra, and you totally get how learning from a test really should drive how the test is designed and implemented
- You like the calmness of smooth implementation and do everything in your power to get there and stay there
- A keen eye for getting to the root cause of issues
- Debugging things – ideas, technical solutions, client issues – is in your DNA
- You are bilingual in “tech speak” and “business speak” and can translate for those who only speak one of the two
- You are a natural at getting stuff done and others do what you need them to do because you are super clear and precise in what you ask
- 4 years of work experience in business analysis, consulting or product management with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD)
- 5+ years experience in managing day-to-day activities of prototype products
- Experience in financial services / fintechs
- Given we are building data products, having strong analytical problem solving skills – similar to how consultants and analysts use data to make decisions – will set you up for success
- Strong consultative and communication skills to establish relationships across a global organization
Candidate must make themselves available to support clients across global timezones.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work no more than 10% of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.