Product Manager Global Data and BI
- Arlington, VA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’rean Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa's Global Data and BI team is looking for a highly motivated and Product manager to build data products for Visa.
Visa is connecting the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Global Data Products team is fueling Visa’s ability to do so with data as a key enabler. This presents continuous opportunities to work on strategic and innovative data products that drive spend, build customer loyalty, identify new opportunities/ threats, and guides product strategies for Visa and our partners.
- The Product Manager’s primary responsibility is to build data products and solutions that deliver substantial value to Visa teams and its clients.
- In this role, the Product Manager will work closely business teams, engineering, architects, global cross-functional counterparts to build, iterate data products.
- Hands on data exploration and analyses of large data to enable data driven stories and product features.
- Leading projects requiring expert knowledge of data and business rules needed to build robust data products.
- Drive definition, prioritization of stories and acceptance for agile teams working on the data products.
- Present the product requirements and feature through demos supported by the data analysis.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- The successful candidate will have at least 3 years of experience in data management or analytics. Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results. Ability to work closely with other team members and key stakeholders in technology, product and the rest of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and related job experience required.
- 3+ years of experience in technical or business product management.
- 3+ years of experience with Hadoop big data analytics in banking/payments industry as well as understanding of payments industry data and metrics is desirable.
- Experience and knowledge of Agile (Scrum) project methodology and practices.
- Ability to clearly present the product value and requirements to end users and technology teams.
- Must work well in highly collaborative, matrix and team oriented environment-
- Aptitude to collaborate with engineering teams to build robust, reliable and scalable payment solutions
- Hand on technical expertise of Hadoop, SQL, python, analytical, statistical tools and packages.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems
- Organizational and leadership abilities to influence, negotiate and drive results
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communications skills. capable of developing well-structured communication.
- Work with product partners to understand their strategic business requirements and translate them into business solutions
- Strong desire to lead and effectively manage business problems through hands on trouble shooting and analysis, essential for key global projects/programs data solutions.
- Provide program and project management support - Closely work with other product owners and partners (both internal and external stakeholders), and engineering teams to define and develop detailed product/business requirements, as needed
- Create, monitor and revise the following analysis artifacts and deliverables: business requirements, business rules, use cases, user acceptance test plans, project plans, and tracking logs.
- Coordinate and participate in user acceptance testing of functional requirements as needed
- Develop and execute a plan to create internal tools that can provide insights and reporting to enable better decision making.
Hiring location is Arlington, VA , but other Visa Campus locations in US may be considered.
Candidate must make themselves available to support clients across global timezones.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work no more than 10% of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.