Director, Visa Consulting & Analytics, Korea
- Seoul, South Korea
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of innovators who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) drives tangible, impactful and financial results for Visa's clients, including card issuers, acquirers, and merchants. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, data analytics, brand management, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA solves the most strategic problems for our clients.
The VCA team within Korea provides a comprehensive range of consulting services and solutions to our clients in Korea and Mongolia that address unique challenges in wide range of card operation such as strategic growth including M&A and oversea expansion, digital & product strategy and card life cycle management.
We are currently looking for a Director to lead consulting engagements as project manager, enabling portfolio growth and improved profitability across their payment businesses.
Typically, 1-3 months in duration and running in parallel, potential projects could include portfolio management diagnostics, assessments of digital product and marketing strategies, product design and launch, development of industry landscape evaluations to inform payments strategies, and optimisation of client customer experience and supporting processes.
The Director will be responsible for leading client engagements. Typically, this will involve the Director interacting with the client team and internal staff, gathering and managing project inputs, analysing data to form conclusions and recommendations, developing and presenting compelling project reports and working with clients on executing recommendations. The full range of responsibilities are detailed below:
On a project-by-project basis:
- Prepare client project proposals, clarifying objectives, scope, deliverables, approach, dependencies, roles and responsibilities; draw input from client, local client relationship managers and functional teams
- Oversee project setup including contracting documentation, stakeholder engagement, interview guides and client data requirements
- Develop fact base by undertaking client interviewing, collecting and analyzing inputs such as client data, process flows, policies, competitive, industry and environmental information
- Analyze Visa and client data to conduct benchmarking, identify performance gaps and improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with data science team members to leverage advanced data analytics capabilities
- Manage execution of one or more project engagements, building client relationships, utilizing governance frameworks and mitigating / resolving complex problems that emerge
- Identify solutions and recommendations that address client objectives and result in performance improvement; leverage relevant VCA methodologies, frameworks and global best practices
- Design and deliver compelling presentations to illustrate findings, ideas, recommendations within consulting engagements and more broadly; at times physically support implementation at the client site
- Identify and surface opportunities for client projects and submit for inclusion into account plans
- Create, develop and maintain models, contribute to IP creation and standardized VCA offerings
- Continuously build knowledge, surface new insights and produce thought leadership pieces that contribute to practice development and global best practice
Having already accumulated a variety of experience, you will be curious about the payments industry and keen to work alongside an experienced team in gaining a deeper understanding. You will be client driven, comfortable managing a project end to end and relishing the opportunity to work closely with clients to influence their future performance.
Specific skills and experience you will bring are:
- Business level English proficiency
- Deep experience in payment, digital innovation, corporate strategy, or business management
- Experience in and passion for the power of analytics to inform and drive strategy and tactics, and proven ability to generate insights from data
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Excellent detail orientation, ensuring the highest level of quality/rigor in reports and data analysis
- Excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and written capabilities
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience in working on business/value cases that prove ROI
- Min. 10 years of experience in consulting industry with at least 1 year of consulting project management experience (or equivalent qualification).
In addition, you will ideally bring the following:
- Experience in customer experience design (using human centered design / design thinking)
- An understanding of statistical analysis, modeling, scoring schemes, etc.