Staff Technical Analyst - FX Product Development - Treasury
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
What's the job? As part of the Network Processing Product Development organization, you will be responsible for management of various SaaS and hosted applications, including diagnosing, troubleshooting, and initiating corrective actions, implementation, maintenance and support of Visa's Clearing and Settlement systems, which clear, settle, and deliver transactions to issuer and acquirer financial institutions globally. Through this challenging job, you will gain experience collaborating with various parts of the business in understanding requirements for system enhancements, identifying areas of improvement and implementing changes to the system where it is needed. The product that you oversee will be of the highest quality meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe.
Who are we looking for? You! We are looking for a Senior Technical Analyst having experience working on Payments and Treasury applications or products including Reconciliations. You are a great teammate, making sure that everyone on your team feels valued and is excited to work with you. Location, time pressure, distractions, none of it matters: no matter the environment, you know you can deliver and support amazing, high-performing products.
Experience and knowledge on Foreign Exchange, Currency Trading, Trade settlement, End to End Payment processing, Accounting, and payment products like SWIFT, Fedwire, NACHA and the like is necessary. You lead and encourage others to take risks, be bold, and innovate to create exceptional products that are both seamless for our clients and consumer facing. No matter the challenge, you know you can find a solution and encourage others to think the same. You recognize when to ask for help and when to collaborate with others, working across departments and influencing in areas beyond immediate control. Above all, you are someone who takes initiative and thinks like an owner - you've defined your everywhere and lead others to find theirs all while launching Visa ahead of the game.
Why us? Working at Visa is challenging. The problems that we face and solve and the decisions that we make affect the world. Visa is all about helping people around the world reach their Everywhere, the place where their personal, professional, and financial goals intersect. As the premier payments’ technology company, we're proud to boast that our commerce platforms touch the lives of billions, all over the globe. If you have ambition, focus and drive, and are interested in joining a global team focused on changing the way the world pays and is paid, you'll find your everywhere at Visa.
- Analyze user stories to understand requirements and develop functional requirements and/or solution design documents/Wikis.
- Develop solutions for business problems or requirements, system technical issues and systems process issues.
- Built strategic relationships with Global Treasury (Payments, Reconciliations and FX), Accounting, and numerous global teams to advance development and process improvement.
- Adhere to defined software development lifecycle processes, including policy compliance, documentation, solution design, configuration management, testing, and approvals.
- Collaborate with various Visa Business Product groups (e.g. Visa Treasury) to groom requirement stories. Participate in other agile ceremonies.
- Participates in the management of various SaaS and hosted applications, including diagnosing, troubleshooting, and initiating corrective actions.
- Ensure adherence to customer service level agreements for Visa's Clearing and Settlement systems.
- Collaborate with business, vendors and other stakeholders in problem definition, business case development, solution selection, requirement elaboration, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Develop enhancements, integrations, transport protocols, batch scripts, and modifications, including unit and integration testing plans and testing scripts; ensuring quality of technical deliverables, and collaborating with the global Quality Assurance team to define quality assurance test scope and approach.
- Liaise with internal business and IT groups in performing support activities, system configuration and enhancement requests.
- Interface with external software vendors for product issue troubleshooting and resolution; initiating Service Requests (SR's) as necessary with other 3rd Party Vendors.
- Collaborate with technical and security architects to evaluate risk and recommend remediation.
- Coordinate penetration testing activities using internal and external service providers.
- Provide root cause analysis for any systems or process issues, ensuring remediation plans are devised, discussed, and agreed on, and results are in permanent resolution of issues.
- Clearly explain a relevant technical solution to business partners or staff, including how it is deployed, how it is used by the company, where it fits in the overall IT architecture and systems strategy.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience with SaaS, externally hosted or in-house built FX products
- Experience with FX applications covering optimal currency rate derivation, FX trading, P&L calculations, settlement of trades.
- Experience with FedWire, NACHA and SWIFT Products such as IPLA, FileAct, SAA, InterAct, SWIFT Service Bureaus etc
- Experience with payments in Crypto Currencies and reconciliations would be a plus.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and running scrum team.
- Experience as an Analyst developing solution design & functional requirement documents for Payment and Reconciliation Treasury applications in an Agile environment.
- Experience with tools like JIRA, Wiki, Sharepoint, MS Teams.
- Expert level SQL skills for data manipulation and validation (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle)
- Experience working on Unix systems, writing shell scripts would be a plus.
- Experience working in a multinational environment very strongly preferred
- Experience working effectively with business and IT staff in multiple locations
- Knowledge of functional business processes surrounding the applications with prior experience in support or implementation
- Excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to absorb, analyze, and understand new information, technologies and practices quickly
- Exceptional communication and customer facing skills, able to interact effectively with diverse groups of global stakeholders, both technical and business users.
- Active listener, customer focused, relationship builder, team player
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.