Cybersecurity Engineer-Application Security
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
As a Cybersecurity Engineer, you will be part of our Cybersecurity team to help design, enhance and build our Application Security Tools and Services in addition to supporting Visa Product Development teams in writing secure code free of Application Security Vulnerabilities in an agile development environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will work on designing secure web applications, unit testing, code reviews and regular check-ins to continuous integration that will become part of your DNA.
Our engineers do more than just write code:
- Help define consistent Secure Software Development Lifecycle practices for all Visa technology projects throughout the planning and delivery cycles that assure that application security risks are mitigate
- Ensure end-to-end security of Visa products by hands on testing, hypothesizing threats, helping development teams remediating risks upfront and championing secure implementation efforts
- Improve secure coding practices, application security requirements, automation, training, and metrics
- Integrate threat modeling practices into the Software Development Lifecycle
- Help build secure products and standards around emerging technologies and using existing standards and security practices
- Perform Security Architecture and Low Level Application Security Design review involving: Data Protection, Authentication and Authorizations, Web Application Security and Network Security
- Collaborate with product development and solution teams proactively to manage software security risk aligned with business goals
- Collaborate with product and solution teams to achieve Cybersecurity software security program objectives
- Manage cross-functional internal and external team collaboration, evangelization, and communications
- Develop and optimize processes to improve software development efficiency in the consumption of security development practices
- Maintain active understanding of industry practices for secure software development and incident response
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 - 7 years of Software Development Experience
- 2-3 Years of Experience in Web Application Security, SSDLC and Threat Modelling with MS/BS degree in Information System management / Computer Science / Information Security or a related technical discipline
- MUST have deep understanding of OWASP Top 10 and CWE 25; with proven track record and experience in implementing and integrating remediation strategies
- Excellent understanding of web applications, web servers, layer 7 application technologies, frameworks and protocols with respect to application development and deployment
- Well versed in web application design, penetration testing, application risk assessment and risk categorization
- Operational knowledge of secure software development life cycle principles from training and requirements gathering to post-implementation operations support
- Well versed (experience preferred) with driving and implementing secure development practices in to SDLC (SSDLC); ability to successfully integrate security into the developers world
- Success in implementing effective Secure SDLC frameworks across a large corporation.
- Ability to effectively present and communicate security threats and risks to ANY audience and impress upon them the mitigation techniques and strategies
- Candidates should be familiar with waterfall and agile development processes and have experience integrating secure development practices into both models.
- Deep knowledge and experience in using SAST, DAST and fuzz testing tools
- Highly effective communicator; well-honed influencing and negotiating skills
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills; able to quickly digest any issue/problem encountered and recommend an appropriate solution.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently; able to negotiate and bring consensus to diverse priorities of product development and solution teams
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.