Business Development Analyst
- Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Employees can work remotely
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The Malaysia team comprises of a highly motivated team of business leaders who create impactful results with and for our clients. Here at Visa, we strive to excel with our partners and via strong internal and external collaboration, as we look to enable and inspire all players in the ecosystem to deliver on our long-term country goals in driving e-payments and financial inclusion.
If you are business savvy with financial services industry experience and have a strong background in financial analysis and forecasting necessary to support the Business Development function, you should apply!
What a Business Development Analyst does at Visa:
In this role, you are expected to:
- Provide the Business Development team, functional units and management with a clear picture of current business performance and progress towards targets via preparation of relevant reports and dashboards
- Assume the role of single point-of-contact in managing and tracking all cross-border activities and work with in-country the Business Development and functional teams to ensure goal alignment and execution on all initiatives to achieve country goals
- Monitor product budgets reporting associated with product platforms, ensuring budget is fully optimized while proper processes are followed and initiatives are delivered on time and within agreed budget
- Support the Product team on delivering core product development (credit, debit) and portfolio optimization strategies for key clients
- Support the execution of the country’s Business Plans and ensure initiatives, budget and KPIs are consistently met
We are looking to hire candidates that have already accumulated a variety of experience, you will be curious about the payments industry, results-driven and client-centric. As a candidate you should have:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent job experience)
- At least 5 years of payments industry experience (preferably in business analysis, strategy and/or financial services) with a proven track record of executing projects for high-performing cross-functional teams
- Self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Possess strong problem-solving skills on process mapping, task management and execution
- Possess strong analytical skills with a keen eye for data extraction, manipulation and insight development with limited data
What will also help:
Strong knowledge of the Malaysia payments landscape, emerging players, business models, and trends is preferred
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and presentation skills, and proven ability to influence
Comfortable in working independently while effectively working across functional lines and managing multiple priorities
Ability to be creative and manage competing priorities to achieve desired end-state
Projects you will be a part of:
As part of the team, you will get opportunity to work on strategically important projects for clients.
- As a key member of the Business Development team, you will provide Management with key inputs for decision-making and business performance: timely and efficient management of client sales processes, internal procurement processes and execution of identified functional plans and Visa events
- You will develop and maintain effective processes and record keeping measures to accurately track business performance, associated revenues and tracking of deal performance and forecasting of deal incentives; and provide support for business financial planning
- Support the Business Development team on end-to-end deal approval and client contract execution processes
- A key member of the country Cross-Border task force, working closely with Heads of Business Development, Finance, Products, Marketing and MS&A in driving and executing country cross-border initiatives (inbound and outbound)