Staff Network Engineer
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
The Infrastructure Service Reliability team is responsible for the strategy, architecture, design, support, availability, and reliability of Visa Inc.'s mission critical infrastructure ie- infrastructure supporting all credit and debit systems. This team has a special charter to focus solely on mission critical network and storage infrastructure and to provide the highest level of support to these services.
This role is a recognized expert within Visa responsible for contributing to the development of functional strategy. This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business
This position will be in Singapore.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Engineering is preferred
- 3 years related experience in infrastructure/network/storage environments and designing, planning, documenting and implementation of infrastructure.
- Advanced process orientation and exhibited planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP network protocols, including common application protocols, Brocade SAN switching, experience with Kubernetes/containers.
- Python and Ansible experience needed
- Experience with Brocade storage switching required and scripting/automation for storage fabric preferred
- Experience in high-availability networks in load-balanced, n-tier application environments
- Experience leading complex global projects from development through implementation
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex systems and network environment issues
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low level technical view
- Ability to write technical design and build documentations for all aspects of a technical infrastructure
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plans
- Demonstrate ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
- ITIL certification preferred
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.