Staff Software Engineer - Java/Bigdata, Data Platform
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.
Visa is a global payments technology company, Tech is at the heart of what we do:
Our VisaNet network, processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy.
Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how.
You may have noticed that payment has become a very active/hot area in the last several years. Given the strong demands and innovation, this will be a very exciting area in the next 5 to 10 years. VISA is clearly a very strong leader in the payment industry, and is in a fast pace of technology transformation. For a payment system to work well, advance technologies such as data platform, big data, data mining, machine learning, cloud, etc. are critical. In VISA, we have all of these. The Data Platform team is in the center for many of these technologies and development.
The Data Platform team is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides an enriched and valuable ecosystem of data platform and data services that drive innovation for our partners and clients, within Visa and globally. Data is the most valuable asset in Visa. The Data Platform team is dedicated to develop advanced technology (e.g. Cloud, Machine Learning and Big Data), systems and services to make data secure, high quality, rich, fast, and easy to use, therefore enabling Visa the ability to leverage its data asset in an effective and timely manner to maximize technology/business development and differentiate Visa from others in the payment industry. The team maintains over 100 petabytes of data supporting over 100 services for various internal lines of business and external clients.
The successful candidate will work as a Staff Engineer and be part of the Data as a Service team to design and develop solutions for all data requirements. The ideal candidate will bring robust technical strength in developing solutions in extremely high volume. This role will participate in design discussions, create solutions, develop programs and ensure successful delivery of business capabilities. This role will assume technical ownership of multiple applications and create robust and scalable solutions.
Visa provides a challenging environment of volume, velocity and variety that is rarely matched.
Candidates looking forward to thrive in such environment are encouraged to apply.
- Architect and co-create, a highly scalable, available, resilient & distributed applications and multi-tenant Platforms
- Highly hands on with coding/designing, leading and developing a large scale multi-tenant software components on the Platform in Agile based methodology to provide self-service capabilities
- Collaborating with partners from business and technology organizations, develop key deliverables for Data Platform Strategy - Scalability, optimization, operations, availability, roadmap.
- Actively participate in all phases of software development lifecycle: analysis, technical design, planning, development, testing/CICD, release, post production/escalation support
- Build partnerships with other technology teams to drive efficiency in their use of platforms and services
- Expertise in applying the appropriate software engineering patterns to build robust and scalable systems.
- Ability to guide and mentor junior members in the scrum team. Stays current with new and evolving technologies
- Provide technical leadership to the Data Platform organization
- Take ownership of the portfolio drive it to the next level of effectiveness to support current and long term requirements
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, or related technical discipline. With 8+ years of overall software development experience.
- Proficiency in engineering practices and writing high quality code, with expertise in Java.
- Hands on experience on building highly scalable micro services based solutions using integration design patterns, containers and kubernetes is a MUST.
- Experience in Bigdata Technologies (Hadoop/Spark/Hive...), streaming platforms like Kafka.
- Exposure to build REST services and API’s following best practices of service abstractions, Micro-services and Orchestration frameworks.
- Experience in Agile methodology and CICD - configuration management, test automation, deployment automation, using industry standard CI/CD tools
- Result oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills, and Experience in leading broad initiatives and teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, along with strong analytical and problem solving skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines