- São Paulo, State of São Paulo, Brazil
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Reporting to the Head of Risk Brazil, the Risk Director Brazil will execute a broad portfolio of responsibilities including Payment System Risk programs, Credit Settlement Risk and Corporate Risk functions in Brazil. The market includes some of our strategic clients and represents a challenging regulatory environment. In addition to overseeing Strategic Risk Management, the Risk Director Brazil will be responsible for championing security in the industry and maintaining the integrity of the payments ecosystem.
The Risk Director Brazil is responsible for collaborating with industry stakeholders to develop and execute comprehensive industry security roadmaps to ensure our clients make long-term investments in data security, authentication and consumer empowerment to protect cardholders, merchants and all stakeholders in the ecosystem. The Risk Director Brazil will develop comprehensive Country Risk Plans, as well as coordinate with the regional leaders strategic projects and plans to address regulatory requirements.
- Manage the implementation project for the new Credit Settlement Risk Rules to meet regulatory requirements. The complex med-term project is comprised of the 3 major components – Liquidity Risk, Issuer Risk and Acquirer Risk, which requires close coordination with multiple stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive risk plans that is consistent with local market landscape, country priorities and global risk strategy.
- Execute both Corporate and Ecosystem Risk Management programs.
- Execute in-market Enterprise Risk Management initiatives as agreed with Global/Regional Risk and local leadership, adding strategic value to Country Manager and local Leadership Team.
- Provide comprehensive reporting on Brazil Top Risks, offering insights to local Leadership Team, and Regional Risk.
- Lead client forums (Client Executive Risk Councils, working groups, etc.).
- Serve as a strategic advisor to Country Managers and others segments on all risk issues.
- Prepare reports, briefings and other written products to update executive management on risk activities, issues and opportunities.
- Convey risk-related trends and developments to local country manager and leadership team through regular reporting.
- Synthesize marketplace feedback regarding the effectiveness of Visa’s risk management strategy and programs; benchmark Visa’s performance relative to other payment networks and participants.
- Guide Visa’s proactive risk communications across all stakeholders to advance the safety, security and long-term growth of the Visa payment system.
- Leverage local insights to contribute to Risk thought leadership
- Guide clients through payment complexity
- Manage relationships with issuers, acquirers, merchants, payment processors, service providers, regulators and law enforcement to:
- Provide stakeholder training.
- Respond to ad hoc queries, analytics requirements and/or support regulatory framework defined to address growing expectations from regulators and industry in Brazil.
- Partner with business and functional teams to engage effectively with government stakeholders, to foster sound conditions to operate, and maintain compliance with requirements to ensure positive outcomes with regulator in full alignment with local and Regional leaders.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the payment ecosystem and advance risk management best practice.
- Support constructive relationships with local market regulators and law enforcement
- 10+ years of payment experience, specifically in engaging and advising clients to adopt risk management best practices that will accelerate the sound growth of their payment business.
- Experience with regulator management.
- Solid and strong level of knowledge on payment system risk, credit settlement risk and risk regulatory environment.
- Previous experience in coordinating multi-functional teams to execute in market risk functions, programs, and initiatives.
- Understanding of current and emerging payment system regulatory trends.
- Demonstrated success in setting and successfully implementing a strategy for client engagement.
- Strong ability to communicate, collaborate and influence within a global, matrix organization.
- Deep knowledge of the payments industry and the major trends affecting our stakeholders, including regulatory, market environment, competitive landscape, and technology.
- Established reputation for building peer like relationships with senior client and partner leaders in a large and being able to communicate and influence other teams.
- Professional track record of responsibility for large, complex programs and guiding cross functional teams to complete these programs with a high level of effectiveness.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at once in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment, while demonstrating grace under pressure and comfort with problem solving ambiguity.
- Understanding of business strategy, clients and their evolving risk management requirements
- Intellectual curiosity with the ability to quickly grasp new payment services and develop corresponding risk best practices for clients.
- Solid general management background, with proven track record in strategic thinking, financial planning, risk management, relationship building and project leadership.
- Proven record of leading and motivating a cross functional teams of diverse SMEs.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Portuguese. Spanish is a plus.
Critical Competencies for Success
- Integrity and High Ethics: Our values and our brand mandate a total commitment to honesty and the highest standards of ethical behavior.
- Curiosity and Problem Solving: Visa seeks intellectually curious individuals who are committed and passionate about continual learning and who are driven to solve problems.
- Diversity: Visa actively seeks diverse talent, who will offer different perspectives and a variety of backgrounds to enhance Visa as a company.
- Teamwork: Teamwork and shared success are important to Visa given our complex ecosystem and the collaboration across function, clients and industry players that is required to address our challenges and opportunities.
- Expertise: Employees should have a passion for their domain and a willingness to build upon functional expertise and skills that help Visa differentiate and grow.
- Forward Thinking: Employees must embrace emerging technologies that are rapidly driving towards the next generation of payments.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law