Manager, NA Visa Direct Commercialization
- San Francisco, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate money movement to and from Visa accounts in the U.S. and around the world using Account Funding Transactions (AFT) and Original Credit Transaction (OCT). Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. payouts to shared economy providers), funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements), and more. The push payments market is estimated to be more than $80 Trillions of payment volume, replacing cash, checks, and ACH with push payments directly into bank accounts in real-time.
Visa Direct NA Commercialization team plays a critical role in growing the Visa Direct business through expanding the Visa Direct use cases and deploying scalable solutions. The team is responsible for go to market strategy and commercialization of Visa Direct across existing and new use cases and verticals.
As the NAVD manager, you will play a key role in shaping the growth strategies to scale and expand the existing and new use cases in NAVDs key growth verticals such as Crypto Wallets, Retail banks and Brokerages. You will be responsible for driving strategic projects, lead/participate in client discussions, identify product gaps, conduct data analysis for portfolio growth optimization and work with the VD platform team to prioritize and drive platform enhancements.
You’re an energized and organized self-starter; you’re highly analytical and have a track record for improving products and leading new projects. You’ll have excellent written and verbal communication skills, high intellectual curiosity to learn new concepts and business models and ability to adapt and thrive in the fast-paced, high change environment. You’re excited to become an expert in the high-growth businesses that rely on Visa’s payments technology.
- Own the end to end use case development including, strategy, solutioning, and growth optimization for emerging Visa Direct use case verticals i.e. Crypto Wallets and Banking. Develop go to market strategies including target identification (merchant and enablers), product capabilities and policy enhancements and pricing.
- Work with clients and internal Visa teams to device strategies to grow new/existing programs through various tools like data analysis, co-marketing, streamlined UX and user journey, improved approval rates, etc.
- Develop deep understanding of key use cases, understanding of our clients' industry landscape, performance, benchmarking and business options to optimize and grow their real-time payments programs.
- Develop expertise on Visa Direct technology platform, partner ecosystem and Visa Digital assets/capabilities to effectively advise clients on product solutioning, implementation options and best practices
- Coordinate work across Visa’s internal teams such as Product, Marketing, Design, Sales, Operations, Client Services, and Legal to manage market deployments.
- 5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 6+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 +years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Experience in the payments and/or financial services industry preferred
- Working in a management consulting, product management or strategic growth marketing preferred
- Ability to independently lead and manage projects with multiple work streams in a cross functional setting
- Ability to structure and manage complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to management and external business partners
- Self-starter, team oriented, collaborative, and driven with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position may require future travel for the incumbent 10% of the time.
This position, in future, may be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.