Senior Operations Analyst, Client Licensing
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position serves as a subject matter expert, offering customized consultative support on license requests, while applying in-depth knowledge of Visa’s bylaws and eligibility criteria, alternate partnership options for potential applicants, and regulatory requirements across the AP and CEMEA regions.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Manage licensing process for prospective and current clients including non-banks, interacting with market-based Licensing and business sponsors.
- Serve as Licensing resource in AP and CEMEA for specialized market-based needs requiring specialized solutions or processes; for example, changes in regulatory environment, new financial inclusion efforts and other operational or strategic changes specific to region.
- Formulate recommendations and refers cases to manager; exercising judgment to identify unusual scenarios or potential risks.
- Be the subject-matter expert and providing consultation across breadth of licensing, BINs and other numerics; requiring understanding of Visa Bylaws and Visa Rules, banking structures, holding companies and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee new, ongoing and periodic programs which support licensing requirements and ongoing integrity of Visa data such as E-Signature adoption, Closures/Merger execution, secondary BID, and ownership change reviews.
- Evaluate and understand client-licensing data impacts up/downstream processes and departments, identify pain points or opportunities for improvement of the client experience, execute on operational opportunities to increase service quality or efficiency.
- Serve as Licensing resource for input to business requirements for tools and systems, including VCIS, Microsoft Dynamics, annual enhancements, and UAV testing coordination for team. Work in tandem with Operational, Business Solution and Process leads for new initiatives.
- Drive process change and optimization projects within the licensing department, coordinate with peers, stakeholders, and other partners for input, buy-in, and implementation of changes
- Identify trends in the business and escalate to management any areas potentially needing to be re-evaluated; provides recommendations accordingly.
- Assist with Level 2 business scenarios and decisions including training on basic functions.
- Alert leadership to situations outside of established policy or issues requiring extra level of customer service attention.
- Manage communication channels for Licensing resources to ensure they are up to date, client-focused and effective including InSite and Visa Online.
- Be responsible for building awareness of Licensing rules, policies and processes in AP and CEMEA markets
What you will need:
We are looking for an individual who brings experience, a curiosity about payments, is results-driven, and client focused. As a candidate, you should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent
- Minimum 8+ years of work experience in the payment industry
- Effective planning and organizational, conceptual and logical problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to set and deliver upon priorities within busy, shifting environment
- Ability to manage high volume of work with constant detail orientation; able to meet deadlines with quality work
- Ability to independently manage ongoing programs and propose programs for new business initiatives.
- Effective professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and client-focus skills
- Ability to keep manager informed and involved on ongoing basis
- Ability to build a cooperative atmosphere and run cross-discipline and cross-geography projects and workstreams to implement priority plans
- Capability to independently and persuasively communicate and negotiate with peers and cross-functional management to develop and reach agreement on proposals and work plans
- Comfortable working in global environment impacted by different legal, cultural and business priorities
- Working expertise in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
What will also help:
- Working knowledge of the payment industry and Visa’s business
- Knowledge of end-to-end licensing process, business drivers, and expectations
- Ability to understand impacts of client licensing data to downstream business and application processes; identifying solutions and relevant pros/cons of options
- Ability to synthesize technical information and apply to business
- Understands and preferably working expertise in Visa databases and workflow tools including VCIS, MSD, Playbook, etc.
- Ability to take “customer” view and apply to internal processes to improve delivery and results
- Ability to understand how global framework works in context of addressing specific local requirements
Why this is important to Visa
The role works across a breadth of internal and external stakeholders to support strategic business objectives and deepen partnerships with clients, enabling Visa to bring greater value to our clients and their business.
Projects you will be a part of:
As part of the team, you will get an opportunity to work on strategically important projects for Visa and our Clients, such as:
- Streamline licensing process for prospective and current Visa clients, including non-banks
- Market initiatives, e.g. domestic processing