- Auckland, New Zealand
Fraedom has a heritage of doing things differently. Over the past 21 years, we’ve been developing awesome SaaS technology that helps organisations find a better way to manage their business spend. We’re constantly looking at new ways to evolve our platform and keep up with industry standards.
Today, we are a global company with a unique offering that benefits more than 600,000 organisations in 178 countries. In early 2018, Fraedom became a wholly owned subsidiary of Visa – one of the world’s most advanced payment processing networks.
Our culture is the not-so-secret key to our success
From Product right through to Customer Support, Sales, Marketing and Communications, we encourage our people to excel in an agile, collaborative, and inventive environment where talent is recognised and rewarded.
You will build upon the foundation to break down complexities and get the stakeholders, developers, project workgroups, engineers, and clients on the same page. Your mission? To make processes easy to understand and products a breeze to use.
The main purpose of this role is to support the creation of high-quality internal and external technical product documents for Fraedom. These documents include, but are not limited to:
- Customer release notes
- Internal wiki using Atlassian Confluence
- User interface strings (microcopy)
- Online help
- Interface guides
- User guides for general users, administrators, and implementers
- Technical briefs and support guides
- A qualification in technical writing, communication, journalism, or related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years industry work experience.
- Technical authoring experience within an Agile Scrum environment.
- Experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence is an advantage.
- Experience with Author-it (or similar authoring tool).
- Experience with localisation is an advantage.
- Strong understanding of technical writing processes and principles.
- Strong understanding of design, structure, and information architecture.
- Experience using image editing tools (Adobe Photoshop, Snagit etc.).
- Strong understanding of content output and publishing.
- Solid proofreading and editing experience.
- Ability to lead or contribute to writing, translation, and technical projects.
At Fraedom, our first strategic key is our commitment to a people-first culture. Creating a supportive and enjoyable working environment is just as important to us as developing great products. We’re proud to call ourselves winners of the Best Information Communications and Technology (ICT) Team Culture Award, as well as the Westpac Auckland Business Employer of the Year Award.
What’s on offer?
Aside from a friendly working environment located in downtown Auckland, only a 7-minute walk from Britomart, life at Fraedom also features:
- A hybrid model of working from home in the current financial year.
- Ample opportunities for personal development (KPI-driven bonuses and upskilling courses from Fraedom University).
- Socializing (foosball, table tennis, pool, and Xbox tournaments).
- An attractive and generous benefits package (subsidised gym membership, discounts for Les Mills, life and medical insurances, and lots more).