Software Engineer - Front End
- Reading, UK
- Employees can work remotely
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
If you think you could support Visa as a Software Engineer, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Working closely with product owners to identify requirements and reflect them in the stories to translate them to the right application design & code.
- Understanding technical scope of the project before, during, and after delivery.
- Contribute towards creating effective design & code for various technology frameworks & components used to develop the product & continuously improve them.
- Providing accurate estimation & breaking down of work into small tasks.
- Writing stories on a regular to make sure there are enough stories in the backlog at all times for team to run through two sprints.
- Helps with prioritizing the sprint backlog effectively on a regular basis.
- Provides status updates of the tasks & any blockers on a daily basis to make sure tasks are always on track to deliver the sprint objectives.
- Reviewing code, merging requests, commenting on possible bottlenecks introduced by team members.
- Follows the development process in accordance to the team’s definition of done and definition of complete.
- Supporting production deployments along with application support and operations teams.
- Collaborates effectively within the team.
- Identifying any scope creeps and informing the right stakeholders.
- Identifying possible risks that may jeopardize the timely delivery of the product and taking mitigating actions.
- Help in evaluating and selecting the right tools and technologies when necessary and ensure adherence by the team for approved Visa Technology stack.
- Ensure appropriate documentation is available for all aspects of the delivery.
- Making sure the quality assurance of the product components performed to satisfaction before any release.
- Making sure the security design & code of the product is as per Visa Standards.
What we’re after…
- Educated to degree level/equivalent professional experience
- Good communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Experience of developing User Interface applications using AngularJS, Java Script / Type Script
- Experience of developing RESTful APIs using Java, Spring & Hibernate
- Experience in developing application using MySQL database technology
- Experience of scripting applications using Python
- Experience of developing backend batch applications in Hadoop Cloudera or Hortonworks Big Data platform is desirable – Spark, Scala, Hive, HDFS, Map Reduce, Yarn, etc.
- Strong experience and understanding of Software Configuration Management & Continuous Integration principles and tools like Jenkins, Bitbucket, JFrog Artifactory Groovy, etc.
- UNIX & shell scripting knowledge is essential.
- Experience with job scheduling & file transfer tools & capabilities is desirable.
- Experience of providing third line support & working closely with application support, operations and infrastructure teams for debugging & issue resolution.
- Experience of working in an agile development environment.
- Ability to report the status of delivery effectively on regular basis.
- Ability adhere to coding standards for various technologies mentioned above.
- Experience in secure coding practices and security design is essential for this role, as security is Visa’s top priority.
- Experienced in various forms of testing throughout the promotion model. Particularly testing in agile environments using automated testing techniques and tools/technologies like Test Driven Development, Test Café, Cucumber, etc.
- Positive attitude, problem-solving skills and collaboration in the team are the key traits required for this position.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.