Senior Category Manager – Product & Client (French Speaking)
- London, UK
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Europe Sourcing
Visa Europe Sourcing has an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Category Manager to help us to further develop and shape the regional function and become a strategic partner to the business. Are you interested in the transformation and digital journey? Do you enjoy working in cross-functional teams? Can you bring leading practice thinking and solutions? Are you experienced and ambitious Category Lead? If this inspires and sounds familiar, please contact us because we would like to talk to y
Providing procurement and sourcing support to Visa’s Product function in Europe, to effectively and efficiently manage the category, spend and supplier performance and relationships.
Working in cross-functional and cross-regional teams to continue to shape, bring leading practices, thinking and solutions to the category by proactively supporting the business in determining and managing the sourcing strategy and providing commercial leadership and innovation in all category and sourcing related activities and processes.
Categories in scope
This category is the blend of ‘direct’ and ‘indirect’ areas
- Systems Integration/ADM
- Software (App Development)
- Professional Services incl. Insurances, Consultancy
- Commercial partnerships through reseller agreements
- Engage, build and maintain stakeholder relationships to understand business requirements and to define and implement the category strategy and build strategic and execution sourcing plans
- Act as a Business Partner to the Product & Client function within Europe, becoming an integral part of the function’s leadership team.
- Act as the Business Partner for France, Belgium and Luxembourg markets working with the wider Category leads to deliver each functions requirements.
- Develop and deliver category and sourcing strategies to support the business plans, goals and priorities.
- Initiate sourcing activities aligned to category and sourcing plans. Develop powerful sourcing strategies and tactics aligned with the business owners.
- Lead regional sourcing projects (and support global initiatives where applicable) taking a hands-on approach for mid to large size projects and initiatives using standard methodologies (RFx) and Ariba system, to deliver cost savings to the business and support revenue growth
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with key strategic suppliers and identify potential new partners within categories of responsibility.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Global Procurement team counterparts ensuring alignment with the global strategies
- Educated to degree level or an equivalent combination of education and experience with postgraduate procurement accreditation (MCIPS or MIIAPS)
- Demonstrated extensive experience in global or regional Category Lead roles, leading teams and cross-functional projects
- Significant experience in both Direct and Indirect categories is critical for the role.
- Bi-lingual in French, with experience from and knowledge of the local supplier market.
- Proven track record in developing and delivering on categories strategies and successfully leading sourcing and supplier management activities
- Proven capability in negotiating complex sourcing deals with many non-price variables
- Demonstrable influencing skills and senior stakeholder management (with credibility up to CxO level)
- Excellent project and team leadership and communication skills
- Energy, pace and an impeccable track record of delivery
Lead a small team of Sourcing Manager(s) and Sourcing Analyst(s), support and guide junior colleagues.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.