Senior Director, M&A Finance Integration Program Management Office
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Controllership has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Director, M&A Finance Integration Program Management Office to join our M&A Controllership Team. We are seeking a seasoned leader who will be working in close collaboration with VP, M&A Finance Integration (Europe) to build out a full scope finance integration program management office involving a significant emphasis on M&A finance integration especially around the areas of revenue operations, sourcing, accounts payable and expense reimbursements, legal, tax, financial reporting, budget and forecast processes. This role requires management of the end-to-end integration process and activities for Finance teams from initial development of integration plans with milestones and timelines, to execution of the tactical plans, to providing a clear roadmap for ongoing ownership to complete the integration. The successful candidate needs to have previous successful finance integration experience integrating acquired company finance operations into the acquiror finance processes either by directing system implementations or by legal entity simplification/combination of acquired legal entities with acquiror legal entities. The candidate will work closely with VP, M&A Finance Integration (Europe) to integrate the acquired entities in Europe and will lead the finance integration for all non-Europe entities working collaboratively with Finance teams (Tax, Treasury, Accounting, FP&A, etc.) and outside of Finance (Corp Dev, Legal, HR, etc.). The candidate will lead regular finance integration meetings for Finance leaders including acquired entity finance leadership responsible for execution of the program to ensure effective communication and coordination. The successful candidate will also contribute to the foundation for institutional knowledge and scalability of M&A through the development of the M&A Finance Integration Playbook. Support system implementations (including design & process improvements) and support user acceptance testing for key financial areas like revenue operations, Sourcing, Accounts Payable. This candidate will build and develop Finance’s M&A Integration approach, partnering with leaders and SMEs across the organization to drive execution and efficiency and also develop repeatable processes that accelerate integrations and identify improvements in acquisition integration processes/techniques and implement best practice methodologies. This candidate will be responsible for providing periodic project updates to Visa senior management acquisition integration project updates. This position will report to the Visa Assistant Controller.
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience in M&A finance integration role in a publicly held technology/Fintech company, MBA preferred.
- 12+ years of relevant industry experience with a demonstrated ability to understand financial and technology drivers and to deliver results in fast-paced Technology/Fintech companies.
- Prior experience in M&A Integration is required, with strong expertise in M&A activities for Finance organizations including direct experience in a integration lifecycle phases. Ability to manage projects across multiple functional areas, influencing stakeholders and driving results.
- Exceptionally strong communicator equally adept at communications strategy and execution, with the ability to anticipate executive needs and support preparation of executive presentations.
- Hands-on and results oriented leader with experience building highly effective teams. Intellectual curiosity, self-starter, critical thinker, and solutions oriented.
- Familiarity with tax and accounting implications of various deal structures. Familiarity with close processes, account reconciliations, and journal entry preparation
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and execute with accuracy and efficiency
- Knowledge of Oracle R12 or similar enterprise accounting system.
- Knowledge of internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Experience with Ariba or other Purchasing application and implementation a plus.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Capable of handling and prioritizing multiple tasks, possess good judgment and organizational skills, able to work independently, and be extremely flexible.
- Welcomes challenging/complex projects and demonstrates self as a change agent with an ability for working "smarter not harder" by making continuous improvement to the efficiency of processes he/she contributes to.
- Teamwork is essential to the group, so it is critical that the candidate interact with other team members and managers collaboratively and effectively
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-30% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position. Relocation assistance will not be offered
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.