- San Francisco, CA, USA
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Agency Design, a part of Visa’s Global Product Design organization, is looking for a client-facing Senior Staff Designer to join our team. In this role, you will focus on strategic design for products and services to create high-impact deliverables and lead engagements that help our clients drive their businesses forward. The
Design Manager is a highly experienced individual contributor responsible for developing well-researched understandings of emerging digital payment trends and leveraging that knowledge to help our clients understand Visa’s unique position within the fast-moving global commerce landscape.
The Design Manager will conceptualize, co-create, design and present engaging experiences, effectively collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams—Product, Business Development & Strategy, Data & Analytics—to deliver value for our clients. A passion for using design to solve problems and seasoned presentation skills are a must. The candidate should have deep consultative design strategy experience and the ability to speak with fluency to product management, consulting, marketing and analytics partners alike. Although we prefer candidates be located in one of our Agency Design hubs—San Francisco or New York City—we are open to the possibility of a remote work arrangement should it suit all parties.
Role responsibilities include:
· Support the SF Design Lead in creating and scaling experiences and engagements with a primary focus on the development of products and services for Visa’s clients
· Develop a deep understanding of the payments ecosystem, commerce trends, Visa’s Agency/Innovation practice and Visa capabilities in order to effectively communicate to clients and partners
· Research emerging areas of opportunity (using quantitative and qualitative techniques) and transform insights into compelling storytelling, experience design and presentations for client engagements (including videos, physical installations, etc.)
· Lead Client Discovery Sessions in collaboration with Business and Product peers as assigned, including facilitating client ideation and alignment to drive actionable outcomes
· Collaborate with peers at Visa’s other Global Innovation Centers to standardize engagement models, share our practice’s approach and train others on the how and why behind our work
· Establish design sprint and collaboration frameworks, co-creation tools and asset libraries, as well as incorporating design systems, that will ultimately power the work of our practice
· Participate in the development of new business initiatives and offerings for the Agency/Innovation group in North America
· Mentor and provide guidance to junior staff
· Support the Innovation & Design business as required, including but not limited to RFPs, supplier relationships, design briefs, Global Design initiatives, etc.
· 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
· Minimum of 9 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, at least 7 years of experience with a Masters Degree (or other advanced degree) or 3+ years of work experience with a PhD
· Bachelor's Degree in Human Factors, Design, Psychology, Sociology or related field; advanced degree (MS/MFA) preferred
· Relevant experience in UX, design strategy, marketing activation design, interaction design or visual and content design
· Ability to solve complex design challenges and recognize patterns that lead to creative, strategic and scalable solutions for our client experience and engagement model
· Proficiency in digital design software and tools, including Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, AfterEffects, Figma, etc.
· Proficiency in front-end web development HTML/JS/CSS and rapid prototyping techniques
· Subject matter expertise in creating experience maps, user journeys, service blueprints, interaction models, flows, wireframes, etc.
· Master facilitation skills with C-suite experience and proven track record of running client engagements
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, including thorough and methodical attention to detail
· Record of delivering results on time, within budget and with a high level of execution
· Ability to self-manage time and work independently or as part of a team
· An online portfolio that demonstrates outstanding product and ecosystem thinking
· Payment industry experience preferred, but not required
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for up to 20% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.