Product Strategy, Optimisation and Delivery Lead, New Zealand & Client Services, South Pacific
- Auckland, New Zealand
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This role has two elements. The first is part of a dedicated NZ client team responsible for providing data and insight-based product strategy and optimisation programs, as well as technical support, that help to drive growth and achieve cost savings across the client’s cards and payments business. The second part serves as the key operational interface between South Pacific clients and Visa’s various functional experts to ensure consistent and streamlined support for technical projects, such as launching core and digital products and experiences, compliance to Scheme requirements and operational efficiencies.
The successful candidate must be able to flex their approach and communication to suit a broad range of stakeholders, from technically-minded product and operational specialists, to commercially focused Executives, making this a highly diverse opportunity. Overview of key aspects of the role:
- Develop, through extensive collaboration, product sales and delivery strategies.
- Use influence and problem solving skills to drive delivery of key partnership initiatives, such as design and implementation new products and capabilities.
- Leverage analytical skills to turn data into information that provides meaningful insights and points to opportunities that are customer-focused.
- Curiosity to proactively identify operational improvement opportunities and implement recommendations to increase service quality, revenue and efficiency.
- Accountability and management of operational initiatives, day-to-day processing and change requests, special projects and client-driven continuous improvement plans for the range of clients in the portfolio.
- Collaborate with broader Visa team to identify additional opportunities for the client to drive growth, support the client to achieve objectives and inform product development.
- Fluency with current industry and client trends and be able to communicate these trends to shape client decision-making and broader internal strategies at all levels.
- Take full responsible for own work flow assignments and take the initiative to resolve problems and meet deadlines, seeking out solutions and providing recommendations for all clients.
- Support the release management process towards clients in the South Pacific (SP) and the client for technology updates and act as a central point for client technical and operational issues.
- Act as a functional expert for the client and SP clients’ processing and operational business.
- Build and manage relationships with key South Pacific client operational and technical contacts to drive initiatives, product support and enhance the broader Visa relationship.
- Provide insight and inputs within cross-functional Visa organisations for new or changing products and services, which may affect their clients, including Visa rules, integrated billing, and transaction research.
- Act as liaison for the the client and SP Pacific clients, provide problem management, proactive identification of processing efficiencies, service change support and system enhancement support.
- Identify and analyse processing issues with impacts, consistently communicate situational status and resolution, advise on SLA performance both internally and externally, and develop improvement plans to address chronic client problems.
- Support bi-annual business enhancements and all Visa mandates for the bank and SP clients.
- 7+ years experience in payments technology and product development processes and sales.
- Customer focus with proven ability to establish productive working relationships with staff and management at all levels.
- Ability to set own and team priorities, manage customer expectations and drive mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Experience in data analysis and insight development; product management roles in the Financial Services industry or similar, and project management.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity, and bringing structure to challenging situations.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills with proven abilities in negotiating with and influencing customers and staff at all levels.
- Demonstrate energy and positive response when tackling challenging problems, viewing complicated tasks as engaging or motivating.
- Adapt to multiple changing work demands and priorities, adjusting style and tactics accordingly.
- Be curious about technology in payments – applying your knowledge to the way you work.
- Current and up-to-date with the latest innovations in payments technology, digital trends and human-centred design.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritise and deliver to deadlines.
- Able to communicate concepts, ideas and recommendations succinctly, and in a manner that creates a shared understanding.
- Comfortable with collaboration tools, such as Sharepoint, MS Teams, MS Planner and Salesforce.
- Degree qualified.