Director, Solution Design Consultant - Latin America
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa B2B Connect is an innovative multilateral payment network, offering banks an alternative cross-border solution that can address the unpredictability associated with the current cross-border payment flows. The Visa B2B Connect Product team is part of the innovative New Payments Flows group within Visa. This role supports bank enablement globally.
The Solution Design Consultant will play a critical role in the development of this rapidly growing business. Working as part of fast growing team and supported by strong strategy, global product and technology teams, this individual will be responsible for providing consultancy services to our banks to define and validate the overall integration design with the objective of driving significant growth for the Visa B2B Connect business. This role will have additional responsibilities in supporting bank engagements from pre-sales through implementation as well.
The role has direct responsibility for the enablement of our banks. This individual must possess a unique combination of technical skill, deep understanding of international wire payments, traditional SWIFT messaging, modern ISO 20022 messaging and bank payment systems. Of critical importance, this candidate must possess creative problem-solving skills to help our banks to find the “right fit” for each implementation to balance our bank’s speed-to-market goals with the overall soundness of the design.
- Lead collaboration sessions with our banks, their technology partners and other FinTech’s to create the solution that best meets the customer’s needs by factoring in not only technical requirements, but business requirements, cost, and time-to-market concerns.
- Lead strategically significant engagements with banks, internal product, engineering critical to the success of Visa B2B Connect
- Drive definition of technical solutions that meet bank and Visa objectives
- Create and present high-level solution designs based on implementation requirements, Visa B2B Connect implementation standards and bank or partner system/process interactions.
- Work closely with internal Sales, Product and Implementation teams throughout the pre-sales, solution design and implementation phases to help propose and validate the overall integration design and provide general subject matter expertise to these engagements.
- Contribute to the overall B2B Connect development lifecycle by helping to identify opportunities to improve how we integrate with banks and their technology partners and help inform the general roadmap
- Independent day- to-day working, self-directed based on a sound understanding of overall strategy
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 5+ years professional experience in an Engineering and/or Technical Product role with client engagement experience for modern payment product technologies and services
- Ability to balance complex mix of interpersonal skills, technical proficiency, and business acumen to drive desired outcomes
- Significant experience in the international payments sector
- Passion for the future of payments
- Knowledge of predominant payment schemes in use globally (i.e., ACH, RTP, RTGS, etc.)
- Solid understanding of both modern (e.g. APIs, RTP, ISO 20022, etc.) and traditional (e.g., SFTP/FTPS, IBM MQ, ISO 15022, etc.) payments industry technologies and standards.
- Significant experience simplifying the complex and removing business and technical barriers to execution
- Driven, resilient, with attention to detail and positive under pressure
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both written and verbal
- Fluency in English and Spanish, Portuguese a plus
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 25% of the time
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.