Staff Data Engineer
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Staff Data Engineer works within the Lega, Risk and Compliance Analytics Delivery team as individual contributor participating in integration design, development, deployment and support of technology delivery projects.
This position requires close collaboration with business partners to understand their business goals, understand requirements, develop and implementation of solutions following SDLC and agile methodologies. This position provides L3 support to business partners and requires investigation and resolution of the issue and requires collaboration with multiple IT teams including source systems and operations. Works with team members to ensure SDLC processes and documentation are completed with quality, and on a timely basis. Contributes to solution selection and requirements elaboration; responsible for assigned design, configuration, development, and testing deliverables. This position requires the resource to work independently with minimal supervision and needs to be self-motivated.
He/she must demonstrate a strong competency in helping to create and sustain an enterprise-wide environment that fosters accountability, quality, commitment, growth and innovation.
The position will be based at Visa's office in Bengaluru, KA, India.
- Work with manager and clients to fully understand business requirements and desired business outcomes
- Assist in scoping and designing analytic data assets, implementing modelled attributes and contributing to brainstorming sessions
- Build and maintain a robust data engineering process to develop and implement self-serve data and tools for Visa’s data scientists
- Perform other tasks on R&D, data governance, system infrastructure, analytics tool evaluation, and other cross team functions, on an as-needed basis
- Find opportunities to create, automate and scale repeatable analyses or build self-service tools for business users
- Execute data engineering projects ranging from small to large either individually or as part of a project team
- Ensure project delivery within timelines and budget requirements
- Provide coaching and mentoring to junior team members
Successful candidates frequently have a mix of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum 8 Years of experience in BI/ Analytics Tools, 5 Years of experience in Talend and 2 years of experience in Tableau is required
- Proven experience in developing and deploying BI solutions including ETL. Data model and dashboard development is required
- Proven experience in taking ownership and delivering projects
- Proven experience in leading teams and collaborating with business and IT partners
- experience in Big Data technologies is preferred, preferably Cloudera Hadoop, python, Hive, Sqoop
- Experience in RDBMS (MySQL, SQL Server) and knowledge of emerging technologies including NoSQL is required
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries is required
- Experience in providing data analysis and data validation is required
- Experience in Shell/ Perl scripting, scheduling and version control technologies is required
- Experience in extracting data from SaaS systems using API's required
- Experience in developing web-based solutions is preferred
- Strong follow-through, problem identification, analysis and solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to absorb, and understand new information, technologies, and practices quickly
- Exceptional communication and customer facing skills, able to interact effectively with diverse groups of global stakeholders, both technical and business users
- Experience in Lega, Risk and Compliance domain is added advantage
- Experience working in a multinational environment strongly preferred
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.