Senior Proposition Manager
- London, UK
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Proposition Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
- We are seeking a leader to work directly with key UK issuing clients to deliver positive change for Visa, the client and, most importantly, their customers.
- The candidate will be tasked with leading the development of client specific product strategies, with the objective of implementing market leading solutions and propositions for Visa and the assigned clients.
- The candidate will have demonstrated a strong commercial acumen, will be able to articulate strong appreciation of key drivers of retail financial services, trends in customer experience developments and key trends in how partnerships are effectively enhancing financial services experience
- The candidate will be exposed to all areas of the payments and banking landscape and will be responsible for facilitating prioritisation and decisions related to Product and Customer Experience roadmaps within targeted clients. As such they will need a strong appreciation of the complex and competing drivers & priorities within the ecosystem and how these translate to revenue drivers, expense optimization and NPS driving outcomes for the client’s customers
- The candidate will be responsible for creating and managing the structures and processes which will govern the program of work, facilitating both short term progress and long term strategic achievements
- The candidate will be required to work in a complex matrix environment across Visa and the assigned Visa client base, collaborating with and managing stakeholders on a daily basis to ensure delivery of joint priorities. As such they must have excellent stakeholder management skills across all levels of business
- The candidate will play a key role in the development of propositions, working with the wider team to understand consumer problems, identify opportunities, build propositions and be able to articulate the delivery requirements for the solutions. As such, the candidate must have a strong understanding and experience of developing value propositions.
- The candidate will play a key role in the direction and strategy of customer and Visa’s account strategy.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Lead the day to day management of Visa customer product strategy and opportunity identification, including both short term and long term strategic planning
- Utilise data insights, market research and sound commercial acumen to develop propositions, following the Visa proposition development process (Discover, Define, Develop & Deliver)
- Understand, articulate and champion the consumer and business needs for change across the initiatives, working with the team to ensure a consistent approach to developing propositions
- Regular cross-functional communications, both formally and informally, to ensure the matrix team is aligned to and actively delivering against our goals
- Stakeholder management across all levels of Visa’s and the Bank’s businesses; identifying individuals, building relationships and regularly engaging to ensure smooth delivery of objectives.
- Collaborate with counterparts inside the assigned banks, developing a deep understanding of their needs and building relationships across the technology, business and delivery teams
- Be the champion for operational excellence within the team, identifying areas for improvement, developing solutions and implementing change
- Partner with the individual initiative leads to ensure timely delivery and consistent communication for all initiatives
What we’re after…
- The candidate should be a self-starter, with the ability to think and act independently, whilst always aligning and balancing the customer priorities to the Visa strategy
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent track record of successful product delivery within financial services or equivalent industry i.e. digital/consulting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills/ability to influence with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally, specifically in working in a ‘matrixed’ environment
- Excellent understanding of the proposition lifecycle and go to market approach
- A keen ability to develop and narrate story to influence buying decisions across the functional executives this role will communicate with
- Digitally curious, sound knowledge and experience of new technology, fintech and challenger banks
- Strong commercial acumen with experience in issuing revenue models
- Candidates should be happy to regularly travel across the UK
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.