Staff SW Engineer - Development - OpenVisaNet
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position is ideal for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and test of new functionality. You will be an integral part of the Open VisaNet development team.
- Design, develop and own mission-critical systems for highly scalable infrastructure for low-latency and high-throughput core payment processing system that has five 9’s availability.
- Design, code and integrate application business layer with external application components
- Deliver zero defect code and be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables to meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
- Break down architected solution into smaller and achievable tasks
- Ensure proper metrics and instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring
- Performance Tuning and Increase Operational efficiency on a continuous basis
- Ensuring proper documentation and internal publishing of design tradeoffs, code best practices and lessons learned
- Understand E2E implementation and architecture of products/apps in production to optimize and ensure efficiency
- Working closely with development, engineering and operation teams; jointly develop key deliverables ensuring production scalability and stability
- Lead the development of new products iteratively by building quick Proof of Concepts and converting ideas into real products
- 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 6 years of experience with an Advanced Degree
- Software development experience in delivering high quality enterprise class applicationsthat support high-throughput/availability/resiliency/low-latency at scale
- Experience with programming languages like GoLang, Java, Python/Ruby etc
- Strong on elegant coding; can write very solid prototypes or core components quickly
- Experience with container technologies like docker, kubernetes and NoSql databases
- Understanding of architecture and operations micro-service oriented systems
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques.
- Leveraging DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous deployment, Test Automation
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to multiple organization levels
- Master's degree in computer science or a related technical discipline
- Domain experience in Payment technologies
- Knowledgeable about network architecture, VIPS, and Firewalls
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fuelled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.