Product Owner - Visa Payments Limited (Consultant / Manager)
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You will fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Visa Payments Ltd, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Visa Payments Ltd Earthport is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa Payments Ltd and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Visa Payments Ltd as a Product Owner we want to hear from you.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
What’s it all about?
The Product team are responsible for creating and building a world class cross-border payments solution, supporting a portfolio of products and adding sustainable value to the business. This role will report to the Product Manager and shall:
- Lead multiple product development work streams across the business.
- Direct and support a team of business analysts.
- Work with business stakeholders to elicit, analyse, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies, information and systems to achieve final technology/business solution.
- Work with stakeholders to understand the business objectives and translate these into requirements to create the product roadmap.
- Ensure the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, including dependencies and priorities based on the overall strategy.
- Assists with the elaboration of Epics, Themes and Features into user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint.
- Review QA test results before releasing to UAT.
- Support testing, training and implementation activities, identify and document emerging business requirements to ensure the successful delivery of the overall business and technology solutions.
- Facilitate in providing estimates for user stories, bug fixes, spikes, etc.
- Attend and participate in agile ceremonies.
What we’re after…
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in a product ownership, or scrum master in an agile team
- Business Analysis Skills
- Successful track record of working with cross-functional teams
- Practical knowledge of Agile methodology and proven implementation
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management with an ability to translate business needs to a technical team
- Results orientated, continues to work toward achievement of goals in the face of obstacles readily integrating changes into work processes and outputs
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of cross border payments, payment standards, scheme rules, payment processing technologies and regulations.
- Proven experience working in an Agile methodology environment (e.g. SCRUM, DSDM, Lean/Kanban).
- Strong communications skills, able to bridge the gap between business (product manager, business BA) and technical teams.
- Data flow process mapping, data transformation, migration and reconciliation.
- Good technical understanding of web applications and APIs.
- Great intellectual agility and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills across different disciplines both written and oral.
- Open to feedback, able to deal with ambiguity and work on multiple concurrent activities.
- Experience working with teams with resources in remote locations is an advantage.
- Working experience in using Jira and Confluence.
- Able to work and manage scrum teams that are geographically dispersed and across time zones
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.