Senior Manager, Operational Capacity Model - VPL (Senior Consultant / Senior Manager)
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You will fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Visa Payments Ltd, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Visa Payments Ltd Earthport is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa Payments Ltd and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Visa Payments Ltd as a Senior Manager, Operational Capacity Model we want to hear from you.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
What’s it all about?
The Operational Change team are responsible for managing operational change initiatives across the organisation. This role will be responsible for leading Visa Payments Limited capacity modelling and pipeline impact analysis. This may include:
- Understanding the resource required to support pipeline volumes and routes
- Developing, maintaining and presenting capacity plans
- Defining capacity modelling scenarios based on historic trends and known future demand
- Engaging with Visa Payments Limited and Visa Direct stakeholders to understand current and forecasted volumes and map organisational capacity plans
- Assessing impact of capacity on operations based on forecasted volumes and pipeline
- Interpret output from capacity modelling to advise financial planning and drive decision making
What we expect of you, day to day.
This role will report to the Director, Operations Change Delivery Lead and shall:
- Liaise with Visa Payments Limited and Visa Direct stakeholders to align and maximise the impact of the capacity model on strategic decision making.
- Liaise with functional leads to derive key modelling and simulation assumptions in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment. Ensure assumptions are frequently validated and updated.
- Create and maintain roadmap of planning simulations and modelling scenarios.
- Work closely with Visa Payments Limited and Visa Direct stakeholders to evolve the capacity model tool to include changes to existing processes, inputs and tools.
- Be responsible for user acceptance testing of the capacity modelling tool
- Communicate the impact on existing resources and planned resource changes for modelled scenarios, to enable operations to understand the workload requirements necessary to meet current and forecasted volumes of transactions.
- Present capacity modelling outcomes to recommend improvements, new features, changes in processes and resourcing.
- Provide reporting and recommendations to leadership on an ongoing basis
What we’re after…
- Bachelor or Master’s in numerical degree: Maths, Engineering, Science, Computer Science, Finance or equivalent professional experience.
- Demonstrated experience defining capacity model scenarios, assessing impact and providing recommendations.
- Strong analytical skills as evidenced by on-the-job use of analytical mathematics
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and proven Strategy development and implementation
- Excellent skills in preparing presentations and reports. Comfortable delivering presentations to senior stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of business processes within the payment lifecycle, especially payment operations, compliance transaction screening and client support.
- Proven track record of driving change and improvements to processes in a matrix environment.
- Highly collaborative individual with a strong delivery mindset
- Comfortable delivering material to senior executive stakeholders
- Lean/6 Sigma continuous improvement certifications
- Previous experience within consulting industry (desirable)
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.