Senior Director, Account Management, CARCAM
- San José Province, San José, Costa Rica
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Client Services (CS) provides industry-leading operational support to Visa’s clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to product and technology, bringing the voice-of-the-customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services. In addition to support client implementation of Visa products & services globally, CS is also responsible for a host of critical services that support the broader Visa organization and clients, including Visa Rules management, cardholder disputes, compliance, client testing and configuration, and client tools. The team also provides support for Visa’s Cybersource and Authorize.net businesses. Across time zones and borders, we provide clients with a comprehensive set of services including on-behalf-of contact center support to the end consumer and merchants. We are trusted partners to Visa’s clients, providing expertise to support and successfully grow their business.
The Sr. Director of Account Management for the Caribbean and Central America regions (Sr. Director, AM CARCAM) reports to the VP, Pan Regional Account Management.
The Sr. Director leads and manages the team of Directors and Sr. Account Managers responsible for the overall operational support for all lines of business for Visa clients in the Caribbean and Central America region, which includes complex and diverse geographies in Central America (Costa Rica, Panama, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Belize) and the Caribbean (Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Haiti, USVI, the OECS and 10 other island nations)..
Other key constituents of the Sr. Director AM CARCAM include the large regional banking groups that operate across the region and drive most of Visa's CARCAM revenue, including Promerica, BAC, Lafise, Ficohsa, Davivienda, Bancolombia, Scotiabank, Republic Bank, First Caribbean and RBC.
The Sr. Director provides functional and technical leadership of operational support activities for Clients, including the cross functional delivery of systems, products and services. The Sr. Director also defines and deploys client support and service strategies that meet the unique and complex operational needs of the business and preserve the integrity of Visa’s operational environment.
The Sr. Director is required to plan and develop tools and processes that ensure their teams deliver effective support and consultative project guidance that aligns to Sales, Client and Client Services business goals and objectives.
The Sr. Direct accounts builds a strong and cohesive team through coaching, mentoring and listening to team members. They are also accountable for developing and setting tactical operational plans and mid and long-range strategic direction for the team and maintain alignment with LAC’s regional business strategy and direction.
- Lead from the front, modelling the Visa Leadership Principles and applying Rewards and Recognition programs inclusive of Annual Review
- Set development and leadership goals for direct reports
- Drive development and delivery of annual strategies, action plans and operational support strategy for the CARCAM AM team, , aligning efforts with other key Visa stakeholders
- Be a thought leader and partner on cross-functional crisis management team as needed, often managing through crises that are ambiguous or have no precedent
- Ensure the Account Management team provides leadership and consulting related to support Clients/markets to internal stakeholder organizations including CS, Sales, Product, Systems, Risk and Legal
- Establish and foster relationships with Client and internal stakeholders at all levels of staff and senior management
- Develop and drive execution of support strategies to support Country Managers and Account Executives in sales efforts, setting service standards as required for the implementation and support of market-specific products and services
- Participate as required in the development and execution of strategic or client initiatives and solutions in support of Visa’s strategic goals or sales objectives in the CARCAM region
Position can be based in our Miami, Panama (Panama) OR San Jose (Costa Rica) office locations
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15-18 years of experience with a Bachelors Degree or 12 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
- Demonstrated strategic ability to solve complex global cross-functional issues exercising critical thinking and sound judgment
- Functional experience in bankcard operations, supporting highly complex clients and/or services
- Demonstrated ability to strategically lead cross functional teams through high impact complex business issues that do not have precedent
- Successful management of a team of technical and/or professional services professionals
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders at senior and executive management levels
- Working knowledge of payment systems including authorization & clearing systems, client connectivity, and settlement services
- In-depth knowledge of payments network and processing services
- In-depth knowledge of Client business drivers for their operations and processing businesses
- Transaction processing
- Excellent knowledge of key technical specialties supported
- Demonstrated experience with technical and/or sales account management
- Demonstrated success with clients through strategic and consultative approach leveraging analytical tools and processes
- Business to Business Account Management/Support
- Sales and/or Sales Support
- Process improvement
- Project management
- Strong oral and written communications
- Demonstrated Influencing and negotiation skills
- Complex analytical analysis
- Proven record of accomplishment in leading and driving teams to achieve and exceed established goals and objectives
- Executive presence
- Experience shaping and delivering professional services delivery strategy
- Fluent in Spanish
Work hours: 8 hours - Regular Office hours
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.