Senior Contract Manager (Brussels, Paris or London)
- Brussels, Belgium
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
We are looking to add to our team in the coming weeks and grow our existing team. If you think you could support Visa as a Senior Contract Manager, we want to hear from you!
This role can be based in Brussels, Paris or London.
What's it all about?
As a Senior Contract Manager within the Commercial Contract Management Function and working within the France Belgium Luxembourg (FBL) Cluster, you will be a pro-active Client Incentive Agreement Deal & Contract business enabler.
What we expect of you, day to day...
You will be responsible for deal & contract management of incentive agreements through the end-to-end Deals & Contracting Process whilst ensuring:
- Compliance to the Interchange Fee Regulation (IFR) separation requirements. Adherence to financial governance framework. Appropriate quality/validation on deal inputs and contracts by applying an in-depth understanding of separation requirement e.g. sensitive information.
- Accurate record keeping (progress tracking & adherence to controls) and accurate and timely execution of agreements to meet client expectation,
- Delivery of key insights into deal & contract pipeline. Act as expert on end-to-end contract management (inception to contract execution), managing complexity of procedure, alignment, and compliance with guidance only required in the most complex situations.
- Anticipate subject matter expert & contract-specific questions and challenges (e.g. tax, legal, competition law, VIK…). Manage the communications & exchange of information between Visa Enterprise Ltd Visa' Processing arm (VTO). Challenge VTO-specific requests and act as business advisor between the business and VTO to support the commercial demands yet also ensure we remain compliant with EU regulation
- Provide Deal & Contract Administration and manage contract signature, contract repository and contract management support post signature. Responsible for communicating across all stakeholders and ensuring compliance and commercial interests are both achieved in tight timescales.
- Originate and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives across the end to end client incentive process. Assimilate and apply change arising as a result of external factors (e.g. regulation) or internal direction (e.g. policy and process).
What we're after..
The role holder should be the subject matter expert on all aspects of incentive agreements pipeline management and provide advice and guidance to client facing staff and the wider community of stakeholders (Client Incentive Market Specialists, Business Units, Legal, Finance, Tax, Geographic Incentive Group Members (investment approval committee), Global teams outside of Europe) who support the sales process.
Client incentive agreements include, but not limited to: Growth agreements with issuers, acquirers, merchants: Visa Checkout incentive agreements; Visa Direct incentive agreements; Various other incentive agreement
For this role the key skills required are...
- Must be fluent in French and English
- Accurate record keeping (progress tracking & adherence to controls) with strong administrative skill
- Demonstrable experience of contract creation/management. Project Management Experience, with a proven track record in the coordination and successful management of projects
- A general knowledge of payments business and payments' industry processes and Regulation
- Some RFP response exposure and understanding of component parts
- Detailed understanding of purpose and role of incentive agreements and extensive experience of principles underpinning financial offer construction and good grasp of the commercial contracting principles that shape and underpin any deal
- Ability to influence and direct stakeholders at all levels
- Attention to detail with methodical approach
- Familiar with salesforce.com and play book, MS Dynamix, CRM and CLM tools
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.